Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

The lift cannot take place until all trains that are going to the yards or the west have departed from Union Station. The last westbound GO train departs at 12:43 unless buses are used.

It will be about 2-3 am when the bridge will be move into position and take about an hour to do it.

Chance of a Thunderstorm on Friday.

I would assume the 8pm start time is just for prep. The lift will come around midnight like was stated.

I would assume the 8pm start time is just for prep. The lift will come around midnight like was stated.

Unless GO going to cancel the 12:43 am Train and replace it with buses, you cannot use the rail corridor until that train pass for erection. Not sure when the last VIA train gets in.

You can use the Flyunder/Flyover or the yard to move the trains to the yard while the are cranes setup on the upper track level to the right looking east from Bathurst St.

If you you are using the yard, track 4 is the only track you can use since its the only westbound track out of the yard. You then have to do use the connection between the West Toronto Corridor and the Lakeshore corridor, west of Bathurst St to continue west.

GO not going to allow erection taking place with them moving a train out of Union since its a safety issue in the first place.

After watching the Port Credit Bridge being put into position and knowing the erection field, I maybe off a hour, but no more. The PC bridge area was 90 minutes late opening up, but this is a smaller bridge.
5970915526_620c1e863a_b.jpg

Looks like they are prepared to lift it... a giant Concord sign has been installed on the bridge.

In the time between when I saw the sign from my balcony, to when I posted this, a crane has showed up on site. Its currently backing up under the Bathurst Street bridge.

Last edited:
Looks like they are getting ready for the lift. The crane is on the railway tracks and is being extended. Exciting!!!

IMG_2755.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Great photos. Incredibly vivid.

The bridge looks better in place than I expected, I don`t know if it`s the metal-halide work-lights, but there is actually something very appealing about the yellow in these photos.

Those were 500Ton cranes from Montreal and the yellow one had all kinds of issues to get its boom out.

The bridge weight 250 Tons and about 60 tons more than I thought it would weigh.

The move only took 15 minutes, but crew had trouble getting the nut off the bolts. Since the crew had a clearance for 1:00 am, not sure why the the crew was not up then to take the nuts off. PCL and the erection crew only got the clearance 6 minute to 7:00 pm, since 7 was the no go dead line.

When I left a 3:30 am, crew on the pier were still having issues getting the bridge bolted down as they were hammer the bolts or bracket to line up.

When they do the lift for the north end, they will be using 650 toner's for that move due to the lifting distance.

At 2:30 am, a CN switcher train enter the storage track #4 to drop off some cars at Union Station and left about 3:45 am of all things.

Photos and videos to follow.

and a daytime shot

imho it's an eyesore but i guess it matches the ugly red scrap of metal along the linear park between Luna and Montage

toronto2011080600096.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back