Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Overall I like it. But I still think the cladding on the lower half leaves a lot to be desired, especially the south and east sides, with the misaligned/missing windows etc. It just looks wrong. The upper portion of the building is attractive, and I think that at the right angle its slim build really makes a sharp statement beside the other skyscrapers downtown, which despite being tall can seem a bit stubby at times (with the exception of the Scotia building, which I've always loved).

some nice lighting! and ya, this hoarding is still up an opening is right around the corner!

anything special happening for the opening? like some sorta guest speakers of some sorts?

Trump opening up at ground level

y70gk.jpg

trump has its problems, but it's going to work pretty well at street level imo....

Not great architecture for sure but definitely lots of personality... and what a surprise that the posers around here don't like it!

So you think the architecture is not great, but then mock those who find the lacking architectural quality as being "posers." That must be an attempt at a fanboy funny.

Did they fix those mismatched windows up top or not yet???

There was also still a missing small teal-coloured panel about seven or eight stories up as of Friday--assuming that's been fixed?

And are the windows going to be washed? The whole lower part of the building really needs a scrub.

Jan 27
The last photo wasn't like that when I went by at 2 pm. A lots of work to be done just to get to opening day looks on the outside and still a lot of mismatch windows.

They have or in the process of fixings the 2 south baloney's.
6777767463_d351cf6576_b.jpg

6777768053_254713bfc9_b.jpg

6777761821_79d6587183_b.jpg

6777757879_50cee8b56b_b.jpg

6777759893_327f733af3_b.jpg

How is it possible that they can have this finished and all cleaned up in 2 days? It seems impossible. I also find it hard to believe that people will pay big bucks to stay at a 5 star hotel and have to hear all the noise from construction of the tower above?

Completely agree, Torontovibe! I don't feel they should have the opening date as Jan 31, 2012. This project is still too far away from being 'complete'. Perhaps it'll never be complete in the real sense?

Back