Toronto Water's Edge at the Cove | 182.26m | 56s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

I believe the sales office has just popped up. The modules were relocated from the Conservatory Group Infinity 3 project on Lower Simcoe, and have now been reassembled facing Marine Parade Drive.

AHK

from today's Condos on the Market section of the Star, looks like the highrise will be part of the initial marketing.....

20. WATERWAYS: 2143 Lake Shore Blvd. W. just west of Long Branch Ave. Builder: Conservatory Group. A 50-storey highrise building. Prices: N/A. Fees: N/A. Amenities: N/A. Sales: coming soon. Status: construction not started. Occupancy: N/A. Sales centre: pre-registration, 416-512-1818; www.conservatorygroup.com

Waterways' sales centre under construction... for a spring opening?

WaterwaysSalesUCJan.jpg

Yes, hopefully by spring they will finally start something at that site. Dont know what the delay was, but want this and the Nautilus to be done asap lol, as I live next door. Im looking foward to the new retail/restaurants that hopefully will be opening up etc.

Here's what I know about in the area at the moment. If anyone knows any better, please let me know and I'll fix the map.

HumberBayShoresCtrMap.jpg

April 15: Sales office under construction.

The motel is close. They are selling all the items in the rooms of very cheep, between $10-$55.

Notice on the office doors said their taxes when from $80, 000/yr to $320,000 in 2009 and closing after 77 years.

Construction trailer is on site at the motel Office. Photos to follow.
5624081263_f3e8bf84d5_b.jpg

5624671794_18e944b08b_b.jpg

5624661434_d2f0bd7053_b.jpg

5624097499_4fd1ae63c5_b.jpg

Last edited:
That sales centre has been under construction for nearly a year, yet still looks half done. Still no marketing material, renderings, anything.

I wonder what the hold up is, as every other project on this strip is flying through marketing/sales/construction.

I dont lament the loss of these mostly seedy hotels and motels but it is sad to see that the City of Toronto forced them out of business by raising their property taxes by 500%. It just goes to show that when push comes to shove, the establishment power will not be prevented from having its way. Thats why I will never own a property again. If you own you have something to lose...

Not to go off topic, but I am not crying for that place. Im sorry they are out of business but crying foul like that is kind of poor form. I would question why did they really closed, I don't see all the other hotel/motel, holiday inns crying foul like that. Did taxes really force them out or was it more a question of how they ran their business. My thinking is maybe the highest and best use of that site isn't a shitty motel anymore and they are just pissed and need someone to blame. Secondly, its not the city that does the assessing, they are mixing up taxes, and assessment. People I work with at MPAC do the assessing, and the tax rate is simply applied to it so...Did the tax rate go up for the category they were assessed in? Why do they feel it's assessed wrongly, and if it is because of the catagory and it would be so much cheaper if it were assessed as a buisness property maybe they should have hired a private fee appraiser, compared values derived (likely from an income based valuation of the motel) and then go to the ARB. If they did then a panal of ex and retired appraisers and valuators would judge on their case and make the call. If you're still bitching after than, then you don't understand how assessment works. Sorry for the long rant, but that stuff just annoys me.

Back