Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

I'm happy about the 2 storeys of commercial space on Bay. Along with the mall at Aura, this is shaping up to be a nice little retail neighbourhood.

Five hundred feet high, as a box, full site.

Aura model in the background by Wyliepoon.

baystreet1.jpg

baystreet2.jpg

Good. Thankfully the hideous Residences of College Park are getting more and more boxed in and blocked off. Hopefully, this is an office or mixed-use project. If it's strictly condos it should be taller, around 60-65 storeys.

this will block the view of College Park up lower bay. Hopefully something nicer will loom over Old City hall's tower.

I think this is as good a place as any to go very very tall.

I think for once in my life I'm hoping for a simple glass box. Why? Because there is an opportunity here to undo the harm College Park had on the old city hall view terminus. Even if just the upper floors were a simple glass curtainwall it would block off the view of college park from Front & Bay, and all we'd see behind the old city hall tower is a reflection of the sky - it would be almost invisible!

Just a thought. Regardless I hope they do a nice job at street level to help gradually liven up Bay St. I'm excited to see more :)

There has been a great deal of poor architecture pop up in our city over the last few years, but I don't get the issue people have with college Park. I guess it’s a matter of taste but with projects like 501 Yonge and 42 Charles coming on line, I fail to see how College Park is so bad in comparison.

I'm hoping that there might be something special at one of the upcoming sites - maybe this one, who knows - but for all the buildings we've seen this cycle there are very few we can get excited about. Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath. Architectural disappointment seems to be a way of life in T.O.

^ As much as these glass boxes seem repetitive, I would definitely still have them over any pomo/neo-deco or faux-historic/pre-cast design. RoCP fails on so many levels. Apart from being ugly towers, the base is one of the worst in the recent construction boom; weak two storeys with retail units hidden behind pillars (typical Bay canyon fail).

Five hundred feet high, as a box, full site.

Aura model in the background by Wyliepoon.

baystreet1.jpg

baystreet2.jpg

One question: is 500 feet listed in the proposal or is it just an approximate guess based on the amount of floors????

It's a guess.

UT poster Mongo figured out that an average floor size for a residential building under 65 floors in Toronto is about 3.2 metres - or, about ten and a half feet.

I rounded the building down for convenience's sake to a plain ten feet - as so as not to inadvertently exaggerate. So - the actual building might be about twenty-five or forty feet higher, given mechanical and retail considerations, and if the central series of floors turn out to be standard height.

I rounded the building down for convenience's sake to a plain ten feet - as so as not to inadvertently exaggerate. So - the actual building might be about twenty-five or forty feet higher, given mechanical and retail considerations, and if the central series of floors turn out to be standard height.

You're right on the money, give or take a couple feet....Oh by the way CN, i do appreciate all the work you do sketching-up different projects on UT, and that last remark on choping it down the middle was not directed at your great work, but what i would like to see there.

I feel a slimmer and somewhat taller would be great on this site also. Maybe not a box, maybe something like the dorms planned for College St.

This could be a great location for Canada's first super tall. Something slimmer and taller.
What's with the ROCP bashing. It's by far the best design in that ugly glass stretch of Bay. But then again i'm not a fan of all glass residential towers.

What's with the ROCP bashing. It's by far the best design in that ugly glass stretch of Bay. But then again i'm not a fan of all glass residential towers.

LOL, i know, but then here on UT if you dont want the heat, you're better keeping low profile when it comes to bringing up
ROCP, Uptown, Brookfield Place, and a couple other precast structures.:D

Back