Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

Perhaps the twisted "mechanical penthouses" were stacked, empty delivery boxes from some sort of order-in meal they'd had at the presentation centre?

The twist in the model didn't relate to the towers below, and aA's roof elements are rarely prehensile tails that wag the dog, and the design that's actually being built looks as if it picks up on the slightly dislocated and tipsy look of the balconies that have been built, so I think the actual building will be a more coherent design than what the model suggested.

North .jpg
West 21st floor.jpg
Podium view.jpg
lobby up.jpg

Here are some photos I took from the building in February.

Attachments

• North .jpg
    North .jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 418
  • West 21st floor.jpg
    West 21st floor.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 427
  • Podium view.jpg
    Podium view.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 407
  • lobby up.jpg
    lobby up.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 384
Great pics Mike. For the photo of the city view, can you tell me where on the Western side of the building you were standing? More to the NW corner, or SW? I ask as I'm going to be on the SW corner of the Gooderham, and trying to figure out my sight lines. Thanks for any input!

Great pics Mike. For the photo of the city view, can you tell me where on the Western side of the building you were standing? More to the NW corner, or SW? I ask as I'm going to be on the SW corner of the Gooderham, and trying to figure out my sight lines. Thanks for any input!

Hi Glad you like them. The west shots where more from the middle of Clear Spirit. We are thinking to go back and take some more shots from the N/E corner of clear spirit facing west, in order to have a sense of the Gooderham S/W.

From what I've seen on the inside, I think people are going to be really pleasantly surprised.

Hi Glad you like them. The west shots where more from the middle of Clear Spirit. We are thinking to go back and take some more shots from the N/E corner of clear spirit facing west, in order to have a sense of the Gooderham S/W.

From what I've seen on the inside, I think people are going to be really pleasantly surprised.

That's great Mike! I look forward to those shots; keep 'em coming!

^Love the overall wavelike effect in the reflective glass created by the smoothly gradual shift in the balcony dimensions from bottom to top. Much more elegant, imo, than the staggered patterns used in Market Wharf and a number of other aA designs. Not sure if the balcony glass will heighten or lessen this effect - probably will depend on the reflectivity of whatever glass they end up using.

I'm thinking a somewhat transparent, but slightly frosted glass would add a nice effect while accentuating the shifting balconies. Or perhaps a frit, like the balconies on the TIFF condo.

I'm thinking a somewhat transparent, but slightly frosted glass would add a nice effect while accentuating the shifting balconies. Or perhaps a frit, like the balconies on the TIFF condo.

That's a good suggestion. The building needs the accentuation, or else the dynamic visual effect of the balcony slab design might not have much of an effect from a distance.

JZ, love all your photos as always... but especially that one looking west from the DVP. It really shows all the progress on the park there and it's a stunning view of downtown!

Was just at the distillery on Monday for lunch - incredible place but I found the over all site of the district to be small. Are there any plans to extend this pedestrian, old Victorian style experience northward / east or west?

Back