Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

hmmm. this tower CAN look alright, but right now sorta ugly. the texture of the cladding looks makes it almost look like a rental building, or even a small hotel. Doesn't look like a high-end residential as of yet, but i will say it has great context on the streetwall.

WOW.. all im saying is that with 1 bloor, with the moving of the four seasons, redevelopment of the holt renfrew building, with proposals such as charles street and others around yonge, Avenue is going to lose some of its luster unless it gets some development of its own. no condos or mid rise condos can be quant but again on a TTC interchange it seems like a waste of potential.. If midrises or smaller condos are going to exist they should be monopolizing Yorkville proper instead of a main intersection...

that I didnt know... Well I hope Club Monico can be turned into a Condo then... Its right on Bloor which is a plus and would have an amazing lobby...

you're assuming that a developer wouldn't just raze it and start from scratch.

im just a shitty speller.... this thing should have spell check.... that or they should have just failed me a few times in high school english

WOW.. all im saying is that with 1 bloor, with the moving of the four seasons, redevelopment of the holt renfrew building, with proposals such as charles street and others around yonge, Avenue is going to lose some of its luster unless it gets some development of its own. no condos or mid rise condos can be quant but again on a TTC interchange it seems like a waste of potential.. If midrises or smaller condos are going to exist they should be monopolizing Yorkville proper instead of a main intersection...

What's wrong with the Club Monaco building as is? I'd say it adds far more to Avenue now than it would as a facadectomied condo base. Please, never ever bring up this idea again. It should be banished along with other plans like the old Metro Centre (replacement of Union Station), or the original Eaton Centre plans.

I love the building but everythings changing.... Its not queens park, its not the parliment buildings either... all im saying is that this would be a great base similar to how the bank at 1 king west is a great anchor to that site...

Set completely to the side, perhaps, but not on top. 1KW is attached, but does not sit on top of the original structure, which is a key difference. A lot of buildings aren't Queen's Park, but that doesn't mean they deserve to become a cheap facade.

I do not want condos at the planetarium site or the Club Monaco thanks. University buildings, yes.

Isn't Club Monaco also owned by the University?

Yes, Victoria University (College) more specifically if I remember correctly.

Club Monaco was signed to I believe a ten year lease when I worked there from the store's opening in the spring of 1996 to when I left in the fall of 1998. It's been extended, obviously, but the long-standing rumours were that the University would at some point want the building back for administrative/classroom purposes. I would also highly doubt it would be razed, there has just been too much work put into it and there would be a shitstorm if it was threatened (I can see a mini-Penn Station-like revolt happening if that were to occur). Fascinating building, it has a labyrinth of multiple basement levels below where the old pool/CMX used to be and where the stockrooms are.

Back