Toronto 100 Yorkville at Bellair | 61.57m | 16s | Invar Building | Hariri Pontarini

17 September 2008 photo update

Pardon the slightly trippy effect on the pano....:)

pano-5.jpg

pano-6.jpg

(I just got rejected from Mt Sinai admissions--they think CAMH is where I belong....;))

ooo no ... is it just my eyes?? or am I seeing ugly pale green spandrow panels being used on 100 Yorkville just like Monarch's Battery Park .... yuk~ :confused:

I thought they looked more pale blue, but then I've only seen this in the evening. Either way, not exactly the greatest colour, and it looks lousy up top imo.

pale rosey coloured cladding? that looks not bad IMO ... at least much better looking than the spandrel panels they are using

Next someone should write in that they like the colour of both the precast and the spandrel panels, followed by someone who thinks that both look ugly, and then we'll have it all covered.

Next someone should write in that they like the colour of both the precast and the spandrel panels, followed by someone who thinks that both look ugly, and then we'll have it all covered.

You could do that if you wish. ;)

pale rosey coloured cladding + pale aqua spandrel panels

sorry best match attempted .... limited colour choices available

do that two complement each other?? haha :p

This is a decent building for this location. It's set way back and doesn't overpower a street that has traditionally been for strolling. There's lots of interest thanks to the facade of the old Mt. Sinai hospital and I like the end to end balconies. The people who live there, I think will have a very pleasant view of the street. On top of that, there's some killer retail going in (Teatro Verde).

Any time one does colour on a building, one gets the usual "I can't believe they are using that colour. It's so ugly."

We should be thankful its not another grey/black glass- aluminum point tower. Its nice to mix things up a little.

Re: pale rosey coloured cladding + pale aqua spandrel panels.

Not unprecedented. It's very Gordonridge Place.

30Gordonridge.jpg

Back