Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Shangri-La from outside of my french balcony at Boutique Condos.

Shangri-La%2001.JPG

In this pic, i can just imagine looking up when shangri-la is topped off!!!... This shot just makes me wonder how huge this thing will look! You never can really picture it until you see it for yourself!... It'll be like as tall as the Bay Adelaide Centre, only slimmer!

This particular alleyway will be totally sick to see shangri-la! It'll just rise outta nowhere and you'll have an awesome-dense-downtown-epic feel to it :D

and khristopher, you got an awesome view from boutique!... *you know that means we'll be expecting many updates from you....... RIGHT!!!? :p lol... jks :D

Ya, I've been wanting to go take some photos, but I've just been busy every day since I moved here. Seems the days I'm not ends up raining, so I don't bother taking photos on those days.

That is not actually an alley, but Nelson Street. And my view is actually not so great. It's a parking lot. Soon to hopefully be a sales centre!

Ya, I've been wanting to go take some photos, but I've just been busy every day since I moved here. Seems the days I'm not ends up raining, so I don't bother taking photos on those days.

That is not actually an alley, but Nelson Street. And my view is actually not so great. It's a parking lot. Soon to hopefully be a sales centre!

Living next to shangri-la is NEVER a bad thing :D!

i wonder what will (eventually) be going up behind boutique.. i think its safe to assume that one day all these parking lots will be gone.

Living next to shangri-la is NEVER a bad thing :D!

i wonder what will (eventually) be going up behind boutique.. i think its safe to assume that one day all these parking lots will be gone.

Steveve,
If by parking lot behind boutique you mean the large lot that Kristopher was referring to or what you partially see in the picture looking at Duncan street, this is already a proposed condo with 2 towers and a podium which i believe has been approved already. I believe it is Aspen Ridge who is developing it. In any event, others on the forum will be able to fill in the details for you I am sure.

Here's a few pictures I took on my way into the office this morning.

West Side
Shangri-La-2010-06-17-1_1276785814.jpg

Shangri-La-2010-06-17-2_1276785815.jpg

South Side
Shangri-La-2010-06-17-3_1276785816.jpg

I imagine this is where the rebuilt "historical" building will go
Shangri-La-2010-06-17-4_1276785818.jpg

Thanks for all the updates today cassius!!!, i especially like the composition of the 2nd shot! the background is killer! I love the build up/layers of skyscrapers in the background! man is the morning a nice time to snap shots!

Some significant progress at shangri-la! ^^^ Like Burano, its already contributing (just a little) to the streetwall. Its cool how the view of the CN tower/Ritz/RBC is slowly receding till eventually it will be gone. :D

Whatever happened to the Bishop's Block? I understand that it was to be reconstructed once the Shangri-La basement levels were poured, but I see no sign of it (or indeed, any room for it to go) in any of the photos. Is it going to be rebuilt on some completely different site?

Whatever happened to the Bishop's Block? I understand that it was to be reconstructed once the Shangri-La basement levels were poured, but I see no sign of it (or indeed, any room for it to go) in any of the photos. Is it going to be rebuilt on some completely different site?

Mississauga's future facade graveyard on the former Milton lands? lol

It may not be clear from the photos (it's at the far left of Mo-tage's first photo), but when you visit, you can see they are creating a concrete structure for the Bishop's Block. I assume the bricks from the building will be attached afterwards.

you can see they are creating a concrete structure for the Bishop's Block. I assume the bricks from the building will be attached afterwards.

Yeah, the bricks were about all that could be salvaged from that old derelict building. Considering the price tag of this project, i have faith on Westbank building this facade as original as possible..

Last edited:
I believe that once the condo construction nears completion it will be rebuilt in its original location, adjacent to the Shangri La. Some details from an older link here: http://spacingtoronto.ca/2008/02/12/razing-bishops-block-to-save-it/

Back