Toronto Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning | ?m | 21s | Sick Kids | Diamond Schmitt

from today
20111203046.jpg

20111203047.jpg

The glass on this has a really nice "Milky" look to it. I hope the same type of effect (although more of a "frosted" effect, than horizontal line fritting) can be achieved on that Sultan Street project by Hariri Pontarini (behind 1 St. Thomas).

The glass on this has a really nice "Milky" look to it. I hope the same type of effect (although more of a "frosted" effect, than horizontal line fritting) can be achieved on that Sultan Street project by Hariri Pontarini (behind 1 St. Thomas).

Haven't heard anything about that one in a long while ? Is it still planned ?

Really looking forward to the cladding on this section, but before that happens, it's really fun to see that wavy concrete forms.

We promise to bring UT readers in for a photo tour here in a few months!

PS - great photo Android!

How do we get on the tour???
Sounds great.
Looks like there is a lot to see.

Really looking forward to the cladding on this section, but before that happens, it's really fun to see that wavy concrete forms.

We promise to bring UT readers in for a photo tour here in a few months!

PS - great photo Android!

Likewise.

We are waiting for at least one of those projections to be glazed before we schedule the tour. Would be good if the stairs are in too.

vegeta:

Nope, I am confident in their abilities per track record - it will be satisfactory, at the very least. The neophyte in me just digs the curved glass - the use of such in their Li Ka Shing Knowledge Centre footbridge at St. Mike's inspires confidence in this regard.

AoD

While MaRS is an excellent building, I wished it had been clad in something more vibrant, more reflective of the structures highly technical interior. This building accomplishes the effect of glamorized research, even if it has somewhat ponderous bones under that glass.

DSC_0185.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0185.jpg
    DSC_0185.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 488

Back