Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

sany0515.jpg

Shangri La Toronto - photos by cal

This photo is from this morning as I was walking down University to King Street for my morning hot Chocolate

Say cal,
where are we? Floor 18/19 or 19/20. Do you know?
Things seemed to have slowed quite a bit the last few weeks. Hopefully with the same floorplate for 20-50, things will start really going quickly again.

The glass is slow as well but Kris said there was more coming. Let's hope in the New Year when everyone is refreshed it starts its upward march again.
thanks for the pics and the answer.

Cladding has been installed on the Northern facing section, by the construction hoist. - 3 levels of cladding in total.

I managed to get a picture of it, will upload later.

just googling around, found an interesting article on Westbank, in today's Vancouver Sun paper......it contains the following quote pertaining to Toronto (slightly OT for the thread, sorry)..

Happily, Westbank, with an average staff age in the lower 30s, has $1 billion worth of projects pending. The $600-million-plus Shangri-La at Toronto's development-heavy University at Adelaide intersection will be its third five-star hotel and, at 214 metres, 13 taller than the Vancouver version. "Ian likes high," Braun said of the two-a-year, 50-floor-plus projects Westbank expects to undertake in Toronto.

rest of article here...http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ailing+back+cured+budding+developer+blooms/4017840/story.html

Back