Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

GO will be introducing future transitway route on April 26: a direct route between MCC and the airport, with 30 minute frequency operating 7 days a week. They already have one future transitway route - the 407 York University service - but it doesn't operate on weekends. The existing Oakville 403 bus route will probably use the transitway as well. I say "probably" because I'm not sure if it is classifed as a BRT route like the other two.

MT introduced their own future transitway route - a "pre-rapid transit" route - last fall, the 110, which is an all-day, everyday express route - their first - between Clarkson GO, UTM, South Common, and Square One. They will be introducing another "pre-rapid transit" route this fall, serving Meadowvale, Erin Mills TC, Square One, Airport Corporate Centre, and Islington.

Doady, where did you find that out? A MCC-Airport route is the kind of service GO should not be operating, especially as the whole trip will be in MT territory. Put the buses on the unacceptably neglected Georgetown Union Station service.

Doady, where did you find that out? A MCC-Airport route is the kind of service GO should not be operating, especially as the whole trip will be in MT territory. Put the buses on the unacceptably neglected Georgetown Union Station service.

It was discussed and approved at the last GO board meeting, according to someone on another board.

It was on the another message board, CPTDB. I forgot to mention that there will be service between Richmond Hill and Airport as well because I assumed it was seperate since it has a different frequency - 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes - but maybe they will be the same route....

Can't get into the link. Are there any other news from GO?

This is what was said on CPTDB:
Some more GO News and sinippets from the recent board meeting:
MCI 102C3 series 1520-1531 will retire this year thus a 100% accessible fleet system wide for the bus network
12 replacement coaches to be delivered in March 2008
12 double decker buses to be delievered sometime in February, balance of 10 is expected in December 2008
Fleet expected to grow to 354 buses by late fall
Streetsville garage should be completed by December 2008
Engineering plans are being developed for new garages in Ajax and Oshawa
Route 94 will be eliminated in approximately five years with local bus trips being taken over by DRT, GO will focus on express sevices and new expansion into eastern markets.
Effective April 26, new weekday/weekend BRT servicing Square One, Richmond Hill Centre, and Pearson Airport. Square One service will operate every 30 minutes, RHC service will be every 60 minutes. This service will be in addition to Route 34 which will maintain the current schedule.
New bus service linking Pearson Airport, Stoney Creek, Milton and Bronte.
30 stations will get sheltered bike racks
On February 8th the board approved an additional 44 buses, 20 will replace older units (maybe Orions) and 24 for new/service growth requirements. Two buses out of this order will be equipped with hybrid engines for testing
Lakeshore West pasengers will be introduced to Presto this year.

It was written by user "2020", who's been pretty reliable in the past.

Could you ask about the Brampton-Union service, which has taken an eternity to get anywhere, despite it now offered on all other corridors (except RH)? If that isn't fixed when GO adds these new services to new, untested markets, then it will be the last confirmation that GO Transit doesn't give a sh*t for Brampton.

GO will be introducing future transitway route on April 26: a direct route between MCC and the airport, with 30 minute frequency operating 7 days a week. They already have one future transitway route - the 407 York University service - but it doesn't operate on weekends. The existing Oakville 403 bus route will probably use the transitway as well. I say "probably" because I'm not sure if it is classifed as a BRT route like the other two.

MT introduced their own future transitway route - a "pre-rapid transit" route - last fall, the 110, which is an all-day, everyday express route - their first - between Clarkson GO, UTM, South Common, and Square One. They will be introducing another "pre-rapid transit" route this fall, serving Meadowvale, Erin Mills TC, Square One, Airport Corporate Centre, and Islington.

I saw the hand writing in 2003 when the EA started for the 403 BRT that GO was going to be in direct competition with MT for service along the Transit Way as well to the Airport and beyond. I said this in all my reports not supporting the Transit Way during the EA process.

Since MT has unable to provide reasonably service to the airport in the first place, not surprised that GO pickup the ball doing this.

I expect to see GO run express routes not only to Toronto Core, but elsewhere using MCC as the main spoke hub.

If GO use the same fare structure as MT and allow the use of transfers between both system, I have no problem with this new route. Same apply to connecting systems.

It would be a lot faster for 905's around the RHC to use the new GO route than try it doing it with local transit systems.

This is another example of poor planning and thinking within MT where someone else has to provide the service needs of the City in the first place.

I'm less knowledgeable than some other people here but it was always my understanding that GO would use the Miss. Transitway, and that eventually the Transitway would be used to provide service from Oakville and Burlington to the Airport and points east of the Airport.

I get the sense that some of these routes are just to justify the questionable Transitway.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all for GO to provide bus service along the fastest and most direct route between such minor destinations as Square One, the Airport and York University.

RAPID Newsletter

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/BRTSpring08Newsletter.pdf

Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit Newsletter Available

Mar 04, 2008

The first Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) newsletter is now available on the City's website and was delivered to homes located along the future BRT corridor.

"We are pleased to issue our first newsletter on this exciting transportation initiative," said BRT director Geoff Wright. "This first issue explains what the BRT service is, how it will work, when it will be built, and how it will help people travel through Mississauga in a faster, more convenient way. As the BRT project advances, additional newsletters will be created to update residents."

The newsletter was distributed to homes located directly along the BRT corridor, (Highway 403, Eastgate Parkway and Eglinton Avenue). It is also available on the City's website at www.mississauga.ca/brt on the BRT Latest News page. For more information, visit the site or contact the BRT project office at 905-615-3200, extension 5745.

Mississauga is Canada's sixth largest city with a population of more than 700,000. With well-established infrastructure and state of the art facilities, the City is considered to be an employer of choice, delivering quality municipal programs and services to its citizens. Mississauga is a dynamic, diverse, and progressive municipality, known for its economic strength and for being Canada's safest city.

-30-
Louroz

What will it cost?
The fee for the BRT has not been set.
The BRT office is working to make the
fee comparable to other transit services
in the GTA.

If the discussion goes beyond "one system, one fare" then the discussion is going in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

Back