Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

March 16 - a closer look

6842167746_d125014a5d_o.jpg

Looking good! Considering how much I've praised this building without even seeing it fully completed, I'm feeling relieved!

^ Agreed wmedia. I've always been a supporter of this building despite its disappointments along the way. The fact is that this building has a huge impact on the CBD and with time we will grow to love it, much like was with Scotia Plaza.

Neither a LED strip nor a hat will make this "iconic" in my opinion (and can that word be given a rest already?). Scotia Plaza is a far more handsome structure. Even the freshly re-clad BMO tower is more striking than Trump.

Sure it does, or else you wouldn't bother replying. I agree that the word 'iconic' is incredibly overused on this board.

If there is one building that justifies being called "iconic" in this boom, it's this. It stands out above the sea of grey aA monotony, people know it, recognize it, and the "normal" people I have spoken to (ie not skyscraper freaks like us on forums) love it.

Back