Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Awful photo, I know, but it was on my phone. Anyway, new glass went up in the entrance to the hotel, or is this the garage entrance? I don't know what it is, but the glass looks sweet!

2010.12.24%20-%20Shangri-La.jpg

khristopher, I am aware that you are a respected senior member while I am a low post newbie but that pic i just visual noise.

Respected? Hahaha.

Sorry, that's not in the spirit of Christmas. Merry Christmas to all, have a safe holiday season.

^ I stand by my criticism of the pic. I dare say many members might even agree the pic is a dud. I am not familiar enough with Khristopher (or any other member for that matter) to have known that referencing him as 'respected senior member' would have brought about even mild banter. Also, how about allowing members to "respond how they would like to respond"? Your rejoinder is unwarranted and rude.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :)

^ I stand by my criticism of the pic. I dare say many members might even agree the pic is a dud. I am not familiar enough with Khristopher (or any other member for that matter) to have known that referencing him as 'respected senior member' would have brought about even mild banter. Also, how about allowing members to "respond how they would like to respond"? Your rejoinder is unwarranted and rude.

Exactly! Good on you, Name! You're completely correct in that the pic is not worth posting; it shows and means nothing. You'll soon be familiar with each member's reputation here. I don't know why TorontoVibe responded to you that way...let's just give him/her the benefit of the doubt and assume it was the spiked eggnog that was speaking! :)

Please continue to post as you've so far - it's honest, true and refreshing! Merry X-mas to you too, darlin'! :)

It's a photo update; therefore it's a welcome addition to the thread. It shows us that the new glazing section has a horizontal emphasis, and seems to have opaque spandrel glass and a transparent section. The mullions appear dark.

Judging the glazing by that one fuzzy pic. would be wrong-- but there is nothing wrong with the image being posted in the first place.

Anyways, let's carry on and not let a rude post derail the thread :)

I agree. Khristopher made an effort to post new information with a photo taken in less than ideal circumstances.

The effort is appreciated even if the photo isn't perfect.

You're weird. Let him post what he wants to. After all... he's "respected" isn't he?

@Name, is your avatar a picture of you?

I dare say

lol... As a side note (and I mean no offense), I love the way people talk on this message board. I can just imagine the typical UT'er sitting in front of their computer eating Cheetos while wearing a top hat and monocle. How very refined we all are.

Back