News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Condo Cluster: Lake Shore West

casaguy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Took a good look at this area yesterday. Is it just me or has this strip become a total mess?

(The third pic is an over-sized panorama)

this is another section of the city that I think looks fine from a distance or across the bay. Up close, the building quality seems good, but the layout of the buildings seems quite cramped. The main thing that is a mess around there is the disjointed aspect of Lakeshore Blvd. I know space is quite constricted around there, but I'd really like to see Lakeshore reconfigured so it doesnt feel like you are coming to a dead end at Palace Pier. I think construction is about to start on one or two new condos right behind that cluster and we know that the last of the historic Lakeshore motels are being demolished, so this area is only going to get more crowded...

I actually like the jumble of condos down there, especially that portion of the waterfront trail... it's more of a result of the street pattern down there, it's right at the elbow of where all the streets shift as a result of the shoreline. as such, the buildings end up taking an almost organic pattern to them, building wherever land allows, a very foreign concept in strictly-grid Toronto.

That used to be the motel strip along LakeShore Blvd. west of the Humber River.

I know you will miss the motels, but I guess you will have to wait until your parents are out of the house.

More like wait until my two year old is out of the house. I'm going to be waiting a long long time.

They look even worse from the QEW.... especially that middle condo, looks like it was transplanted from cold war St. Petersburg when on the highway.

The strip is a complete mess, but I would love to live down there. Unless they drill lake ontario for oil, you cant get an unobstructed lake view like that anywhere else.

Back