News   Mar 28, 2024
 170     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 604     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 367     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Ohhh finally, looking good. Is the hoarding for Dolce and Gabbana up yet? How is Van Cleef & Arpels looking- street presence or strictly in-store?

Ohhh finally, looking good. Is the hoarding for Dolce and Gabbana up yet? How is Van Cleef & Arpels looking- street presence or strictly in-store?

Nope, D&G hoarding is not up. Don't think it would until after Tiffany's moves. Also, does anyone know who's moving in to what used to be the other Hugo Boss store?

Nope, D&G hoarding is not up. Don't think it would until after Tiffany's moves. Also, does anyone know who's moving in to what used to be the other Hugo Boss store?

D&G is moving into the old Louis Vuitton spot. So there's no reason they would wait for Tiffany to move...

French Connection has closed. Hope the spot doesn't stay empty for long.

Walked by Ports today. They've packed up and gone. Kind of quick, so I think Stuart Weitzman will move in by summer.

Can't quite place this, 115 Yorkville is the address of Remy's Bar.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 1C1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 112555 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 29, 2013

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for tennant fit up (basement, ground and second floors) in existing multiple use building "Kate Spade" (380m2)

Can't quite place this, 115 Yorkville is the address of Remy's Bar.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 1C1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 112555 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 29, 2013

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for tennant fit up (basement, ground and second floors) in existing multiple use building "Kate Spade" (380m2)

Does anyone know if Remy's is shuttering?

Does anyone know if Remy's is shuttering?

We were told Kate Spade will have a 4000 square foot 'street front presence' here (the building will be 4Ksf), so Remy's will likely be closing at 115 Yorkville. We were also told by Kate Spade (the company, not Kate herself) that it will be their 'Canadian flagship store'.

We'll be posting an article about the store Thursday. We'll credit androiduk for the excellent research, since we don't regularly get on the City of Toronto website to get updated on developments. We'll try to do that more often.

And prosperegal, we love your publications and comments! :)

Here's my theory on where Kate Spade is going. There's no indication that Remy's is shutting down. If you look at the building Remy's is in it looks like it extends all the way from Yorkville to Cumberland. I'm thinking it's the same property owner all the way down. The part of the building at the bottom (on Cumberland) is the old Hugo Boss space which is 2 storeys and is just under 4k sf, the same size as in the city app. Sometimes the city uses a 'convenience address' in their applications and it doesn't always match the street address. So in conclusion, Kate Spade is taking over the old Hugo Boss space on Cumberland. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Here's my theory on where Kate Spade is going. There's no indication that Remy's is shutting down. If you look at the building Remy's is in it looks like it extends all the way from Yorkville to Cumberland. I'm thinking it's the same property owner all the way down. The part of the building at the bottom (on Cumberland) is the old Hugo Boss space which is 2 storey's and is just under 4k sf, the same size as in the city app. Sometimes the city uses a 'convenience address' in their applications and it doesn't always match the street address. So in conclusion, Kate Spade is taking over the old Hugo Boss space on Cumberland. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

That's what I was thinking too. A great place for a boutique. Remy's should not close down, it adds to the charm of that area.

Here's my theory on where Kate Spade is going. There's no indication that Remy's is shutting down. If you look at the building Remy's is in it looks like it extends all the way from Yorkville to Cumberland. I'm thinking it's the same property owner all the way down. The part of the building at the bottom (on Cumberland) is the old Hugo Boss space which is 2 storeys and is just under 4k sf, the same size as in the city app. Sometimes the city uses a 'convenience address' in their applications and it doesn't always match the street address. So in conclusion, Kate Spade is taking over the old Hugo Boss space on Cumberland. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Phew! Excellent analysis!

I am thinking the same. Remy's is unbelievably popular and it would be a loss to Yorkville if it were to close.

Phew! Excellent analysis!

I am thinking the same. Remy's is unbelievably popular and it would be a loss to Yorkville if it were to close.

I agree - but remy's is kinda lame and looks like its stuck in the seventies.

Either way its nice to see Yorkville and Bloor remaining as the place to go for flagship stores - keeping Yorkdale as branch boutiques. Its also interesting to see other high-end stores straying off Bloor.

As for FCUK - the same family that manages Stollery's owns the FCUK land. They apparently had pretty crazy demands, including a significant rent increase as well as a demolition clause. Apparently the store isn't very well maintained. Unfortunately I suspect it may lay fallow - not to lack of demand but until Stollery's figures out its $hit...

That little strip that fcuk and stollery's are on is quite shabby. I can't see a high end store landing there unless it is upgraded. As to Remy's, a little renovation can fix that problem.

I know some argue Stollery's is the only "old mans money" store left on Bloor, but I've always found the store (and the strip it's on) to be pretty shabby. I sure would love the Apple Store rumor to pop up again, it'd be nice if they built a massive store on the FCUK and Stollery's land.

Back