Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Well I specifically remember wopchop commenting that the area above the bedroom would be left open (an area displayed quite elegantly in that one shot by tomms with the ladder up into the onion dome) and would let plenty of light into the master bedroom. Wouldn't be much of an effect if it was all spandrel.
Plus all the patched up parts under the mesh suggest to me broken panels of glass that need to be replaced. I realize you can break spandrel too but it seems less likely to have so many broken panels.

i like the bottom third kind of, the top third is ridiculous. i'm not usually a hater, loving shangri-la, FS, minto midtown, ect...but trump is wack.

...know what i'm sssssayin?

Well I specifically remember wopchop commenting that the area above the bedroom would be left open (an area displayed quite elegantly in that one shot by tomms with the ladder up into the onion dome) and would let plenty of light into the master bedroom. Wouldn't be much of an effect if it was all spandrel.
Plus all the patched up parts under the mesh suggest to me broken panels of glass that need to be replaced. I realize you can break spandrel too but it seems less likely to have so many broken panels.
Most of those pieces that you see are not broken, but were left out on purpose in order to setup the scaffolding system.

They would get damaged so quickly - little dings and nicks everywhere. Carpet is far more forgiving and also adds warmth and sound absorption.

Some of the rooms have carpet in the foyer and others have stone tile. If the rooms were hardwood, they'd be quite noisy and would require quite a bit of maintenance for upkeep. The Residences higher up however have some beautiful Listone Giordano hardwoods.

The Ritz Carlton on the other hand reminds me of a typical 4 star Hilton or Westin.

Yes I've been a tad underwhelmed with the Ritz. I know they were going for understated, but it's a bit too understated. Some logos on the tower, and less grey might help.

Trump on the other hand looks better every day. Once the base is tidied up and cleaned, it's gonna be a real winner.

CTV reporter and Ivanka tour parts of the hotel. Going by the pics and vids i have seen of TT, it looks like a modern day 5 star hotel! The Ritz Carlton on the other hand reminds me of a typical 4 star Hilton or Westin.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ring-torontos-new-trump-hotel/article2339187/

I totally agree with u on that one. We in Canada r not used to seeing sumptuous, decadent spaces. We r a Swiss chalet, Hilton, Tim hortons, log cabin culture. I'm very happy that somebody came in and built something we don't have in Canada. It might not suit to everybody's taste , however there's a lot of attention to detail. Love the crystal, palatial decor.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the hotel. We know someone who came on business for an extended period of time. Upper level exec who travels the world. He actually went after 2 days at the Ritz and checked out as he felt the Ritz was not up to the standard he expected. He went instead to the Park Hyatt at Avenue and Bloor.

Trump is a bit over the top for me but that said, it does look luxurious and that cannot be denied. Let's hope they execute well unlike the experience the person we knew had at the Ritz.

Back