Toronto George Brown College Waterfront Campus | ?m | 8s | George Brown | KPMB

I do realize that the building isn't complete, but it would be a shame if the finished product didn't darken the corner like it is did in the rendering. The rest of the building is fine, although not breathtaking

Out of curiosity, where does that elevated walkway lead? It doesn't look like there's a building in that direction from the photos :S

Originally the residence/athletics complex - which I think is no longer in the books since it's been moved to WDL. They must have saved a bundle not having to build it (and the underground connection).

AoD

Originally the residence/athletics complex - which I think is no longer in the books since it's been moved to WDL. They must have saved a bundle not having to build it (and the underground connection).

AoD

Are you sure that the future underground connection is not there? It seems to me that the parking garage stretches to the north side of the future street so it would, prsumably, be available for an underground connection. Does anyone know if they own the site north of them anyway?

I understand that GBC are 'not happy" about the current transit plans for reaching their new campus - a minor extension of the Bay bus and a bit more frequency on the Sherbourne one. I doubt they will want to build more on QQE until transit is sorted out.

DSC:

Not 100% sure, but it would seem that the construction did not extend north much beyond the building footprint, where the street and expansion would have been (currently occupied by construction trailers). I could be wrong, but I just don't see them building something that they won't use when we knew the project was under cost pressures.

AoD

from today...
082.jpg

This shot of Jasonzed's from Sept 2010 shows that the excavation extended as far north as the north edge of Dockside Drive's (the new road's) right of way, so yes, it can connect underground with whatever is built north of it in the future.

5 April 2012

The one photo that I wish had been taken was of the roof of this building which, according to the schematics, will now have extensive green roofs and terraces which is a wonderful and necessary element to a structure that is further setting the tone on our waterfront. Also, the landscaping for the edge along the promenade will have a double row of trees with granite paving which should nicely complement what is there now.

IMG3288-L.jpg

IMG3290-L.jpg

IMG3292-L.jpg

IMG3294-L.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help but wish they'd injected this with a healthy dose of colour. Perhaps each of the bands on the west side could've been one of the colours they use in their logos. Similar to the approach they took with their expansion along Adelaide.

12 May 2012

It looks like there is an openable wall between the restaurant and the promenade.

IMG4158-L.jpg

Back