Toronto 388 King West | 146.3m | 33s | Allied | Hariri Pontarini

Wait does this mean mountain equipment coop is going to close ??

Here is a bit more info on this proposed development.

388 KING ST W
OPA / Rezoning 12 144710 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Mar 28, 2012 Application Submitted Mar 28, 2012 Commercial Nicholson, Dan
(416) 395-7110
To construct a 29 storey office tower with retail uses at grade. A total gross floor area of 68,422 sq. m. is proposed in a building stepping down from 29 storeys to 13 storeys on King Street West. A total of 210 vehicle parking spaces are proposed to be provided in three levels of underground parking. The majority of bicycle parking will be provided underground (277 spaces). Thirty-five bicycle parking spaces will be provided at grade. Servicing and vehicular parking will be provided off the laneway at the north side of the property.

Planning Meeting on 170 Spadina Ave, 81-87 Peter St, 388 King St W + 82 Peter St

Date: Monday May 28, 2012
Time: 7:00 - 9:00 pm

Development proposal signs are up on the sides facing both King and Peter. As usual, no camera, but the elevations look interesting.

to be honest with you, the floorplate isn't actually that large for an office building. a tall slim tower would be nice, but it can't be over 157m, and can't be that skinny due to the fact that it is an office building.

I don't know the actual specs of this, but it appears to have to have been well thought out. I like what H+P have been putting forward, Five, Massey and One Bloor are all (potentially) great by any standards, and I have high hopes for this. It kind of mirrors Noir across the street with the overhang. Office buildings usually aren't too exciting at street level, but this looks like it might be a success. If it's curtainwall, it will most likely look great. Those strips on the east sides are a nice motif. Quality materials and attention to detail, and we could have a winner here!

29-storey office tower. Building at 388 King to be "retained."

OPA / Rezoning
To construct a 29 storey office tower with retail at grade. Total gross floor area of 68,422 sq. m. The building at 388 King St West is retained. The building at 82 Peter St will be demolished.

Application Number 12 144710 STE 20 OZ Application Status Application Submitted
Planner Name
Phone Number Macdonald, Lynda H.
(416) 392-7618 Status Date Mar 28, 2012
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received Mar 28, 2012
Statutory Meeting Date --- Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) 67,216
Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 0
Lot Size (sq m) 3,509
Proposed Residential Units 0
Proposed Storeys 29

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=82+pet...5V+1P8&t=m&z=17&panoid=-UiqNzNk2V-bP1RVwIGXFA

So these previous posts seem to be inconsistent with what is being proposed. Anyone have an explanation?
I know it's a new office building and so automatically it's entirely glass, but would have loved to see some brick at street level. Sigh.

Back