News   Mar 28, 2024
 606     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 369     0 

Toronto Island

Schummy

Member Bio
Reaction score
I got a shot from a Toronto Island. Awesome view. Didn't know where to post it though. City Photos or Toronto Issues?
100_2513.gif

City photos is the right place, Schummy.

Nice view.

Too bad some people don't know the right place for their litter.

The high traffic areas of Toronto Islands are well maintained, but in the past few years off track areas are bad for washed up garbage, dead birds etc. The north half of Hanlan's Point beach is no longer safe for strolling or swimming.

The high traffic areas of Toronto Islands are well maintained, but in the past few years off track areas are bad for washed up garbage, dead birds etc. The north half of Hanlan's Point beach is no longer safe for strolling or swimming.

I've actually been wondering, are any of Toronto's beaches safe for swimming? I recall going into the water at the east beaches when I was very young, but my parents said don't put your head or face near the water.

I've actually been wondering, are any of Toronto's beaches safe for swimming? I recall going into the water at the east beaches when I was very young, but my parents said don't put your head or face near the water.

Most of the official beaches are safe for most of the time for most years. Sometimes you'll get a bad year though. If they are unsafe for swimming, then the city posts notices (usually happens after a large rain storm that overwhelms the stormwater treatment systems).

Still, I wouldn't swim in it....

Most of the official beaches are safe for most of the time for most years. Sometimes you'll get a bad year though. If they are unsafe for swimming, then the city posts notices (usually happens after a large rain storm that overwhelms the stormwater treatment systems).

Still, I wouldn't swim in it....

how safe are our beaches compared to wasaga beach, etc-the popular beaches on lake huron & simcoe?

do they even test those beaches? if so, how do their results compare to ours?

this could very well end up a bottled water VS. city water debate :D

Back