Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

According to sammo over at SSC, the tower is indeed going to be 62 floors and yet still 205m tall.

Quote sammo
^that's exactly what it is, a turntable loading dock.

(also, it is ~205m tall but with 62 flrs, not 58 as the thread title shows! -i have the latest arch/structural drwgs)
here's what i can show you:

(i have huge 'logs' that are about a meter tall and weigh ~20lbs each! -literally thousands of drawings)

5393568530_c2a98e2756.jpg

5392972111_d9c93cba07.jpg
originally found on SSC here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=456542&page=59

Sammo just posted again at SSC regarding the height of L-Tower, so I thought I 'd add it...

(I had a feeling that the 62 would include mechanical floors. Just as over at the Ritz it is 53 floors, but the top residential floor is the 52nd floor penthouse.)

Quote sammo:

clarification regarding the 62 levels=floors=storeys above grade:

5398467028_8fc68fdcc2.jpg

5397864413_c760d7ecc6.jpg

yes, level 58 is the last residential floor but there are 4 upper floors -for mechanical. They're 'floors' nonetheless. Semantics... or believe your own eyes.
hopefully the joker Dilman called out as an a-hole over at UT gets this memo!
(Original post by sammo over at SSC found here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=71614389#post71614389 )

Building features

It has been a long while (3-4 years now ?) since the original L tower was released for sale.

Glad to see the building is finally taking shape...

The building feature sheet shows..

. Spectacular Munge Leung designed lobby
. Luxurious spa facilities feturing treatment rooms, his/her wet & dry saunas, lap pool, state of the art fitness facilities, ...

Does anyone know if the lobby will be 2 storey high, and where the lap pool and fitness room will be ?

The L tower base is smaller than the other typical high rise buildings in Toronto, anxious to find out if there are more changes after waiting for so many years :)

I just hope Backstage is going to be pulled well back from 25 The Esplanade or else we'll have another ruined vista on our hands. Thanks for all the great pics, Jason.

I just hope Backstage is going to be pulled well back from 25 The Esplanade or else we'll have another ruined vista on our hands. Thanks for all the great pics, Jason.

There's no need to hope. The plans and orientation for Backstage are already out there.

According to sammo over at SSC, the tower is indeed going to be 62 floors and yet still 205m tall.

The number of storeys we strive to quote in our thread titles at UT is the highest floor that typical users of the building (other than maintenance staff) will be able to access. In a residential building that usually means the penthouse level, although for those buildings which include rooftop amenities we will include that (often partial) level as well.

Yes, I realize that, but you kept going on about Ritz and its 53 floors when you visited it for your tour, when the 52nd floor penthouse is the top floor typical users will ever see.

And please note that the thread title for Ritz still says 53s.

So I was only reporting what I read over at SSC. I wasn't claiming you should change anything. However, if Ritz is 53 then L is 62.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I realize that, but you kept going on about Ritz and its 53 floors when you visited it for your tour, when the 52nd floor penthouse is the top floor typical users will ever see.

And please note that the thread title for Ritz still says 53s.

So I was only reporting what I read over at SSC. I wasn't claiming you should change anything. However, if Ritz is 53 then L is 62.

:rolleyes:

That does make sense. If Ritz is 53 floors than L should be 62, UT prides itself on constancy after all.

Thanks for catching that. THe Ritz thread title has been fixed. Oddly enough, they advertise themselves as having 53 floors on their own website. Why advertise a mechanical floor? (In fact, there are two of them up above the penthouse).

I think it'll look great so close to the train tracks. Also, there's a serious disparity between the density east and west of downtown, and projects like Backstage and L Tower are bridging that gap.

I don't understand why people care so much about vistas. Would you just rather go back to the 90's when most of the waterfront development hadn't taken place and vistas of the major downtown office buildings were still available from the islands? :rolleyes:

I don't understand why people care so much about vistas. Would you just rather go back to the 90's when most of the waterfront development hadn't taken place and vistas of the major downtown office buildings were still available from the islands? :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, some *would*--or at least, they wouldn't go all :rolleyes: as if it were the 1890s rather than the 1990s we're talking about. Of course, judging from your posts in the 1 Sultan thread, you're not much of an "urban sensitivity" type in the first place...

Great cities the world over understand the value of vistas. Vistas declare that something is important: usually it's the object found at the end, but the value of objects lining a vista can also be imparted an increase in value too. Cities that protect vistas improve themselves by the act.

In this case, there will still be a view of 25 The Esplanade's bullnose from across Yonge, but the view will now be narrower, and framed by the L Tower and Backstage. Not that this will be one of Toronto's classic grand vistas, but at least some action was taken to ensure the view would not be blocked any more than necessary to put a tower up.

Back