Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

I love that building !

Same here.
Empire Plaza, oh how I wish you were twice as tall...
1_1209064_984434_EmpirePlaza_Building_Shot2.jpg

www.empireplaza.ca/

356 sq. ft. units are the smallest, not the only type of units in this building. So if the average is 550 sq. ft., I'm sure they'll be in the 400K+ range, and when looking at 24-34 year old mostly single men, i'm sure that's all they can afford....

you can't just look at the smallest unit size and cheapest price, mister! :)

Roomy enough for their mistresses:cool:

Empire Plaza looks nice but terrible location for the longest time. All the nearby retail closes by 6PM and is closed on the weekends. The closest grocery store for years was Front and Church. Should get better as more condos move into the area.

^^Is it the City that insists on balconies? I assumed it was market demand, but that always puzzled me as well since I rarely see people out on their balconies. As noted above, the balconies on INDX are unfortunate for a development in the heart of the Financial District.

From and Amit's twitter feed!!

http://ow.ly/i/tTe9/original

Scale model of INDX condos!!

nice. it all comes down to the materials.. it's very risky for a tower like this. especially with the podium and the way the material transitions up the tower... could end up getting as much hate as trump tower.

what's the height gonna be on this thing? looks taller than canada tower for some reason.

also, the top kinda looks like 300 front got busy with 88 scott

This tower looks like a Mississauga special. Its bland as all heck and almost devoid of architecture.

They should re-design the base - it doesn't work with the tower -
and contrasting with the adjacent historic buildings would be a plus for both old and new.

I think if they really integrate the podium that respectively with the Graphic Arts Bldg. then they deserve a freaking medal in this town. And they can do whatever they like with the tower!

nice looking project. Meshes well with the Graphic Arts Building.

In response to balconies... you don't necessarily want to sit out there, but I often like to go out for a few minutes and get a bit of fresh air. Lots of people in houses don't sit in their back yard but still enjoy them. I guess it is individual but personally I would never buy a place with no ability to go out on the balcony, but that is just me and I am guessing a fair number of others. I wonder if that is why Ritz is having trouble on resale/sales and for that matter Trump condo units. I note 4S and SL put balconies and sales appear to be more advanced but that could just be differences in the projects. I guess time will tell.

Back