Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Yup, true, but a bit longer when originally published. Adma had to remove the word 'human' in at least one case. Best joke on UT in a while!

Despite that hearty laugh, this thread has turned offensive and tragic with the bloody butchering of this once fantastic proposal. I'd prefer never to be reminded of this project again. Is there any way we can choose to "ignore" a thread much like we can with certain members?

Despite that hearty laugh, this thread has turned offensive and tragic with the bloody butchering of this once fantastic proposal. I'd prefer never to be reminded of this project again. Is there any way we can choose to "ignore" a thread much like we can with certain members?

No.

now play nice SP!RE ... LOL

Cheers :)

now play nice SP!RE ... LOL

Cheers :)

Indeed Spire! Take care!
Before you know it you will be the recipeint of a personal message full of filthy obscenities. But if you are like me you will laugh it off becauuse you don't give a Khrap. :D

I don't see the big deal about not permitting this condo to go forward based on it having no parking since I'd assume a great number of potential buyers would be living here to walk/taxi to CBD jobs or would be living out of the country but would fly in occasionally for business and pleasure (hence not needing a parking spot). It could work, though it would admittedly be tougher selling/reselling units.

The police have discovered the foot is a bear paw.

Does this ruin Adma's joke, or make it better? It'd probably be better if the L tower was on Church street.

(Side note: how can you possibly mistake a bear paw for a human foot???)

Aren't you the bearer of bad news, ruining adma's joke :)

I don't see the big deal about not permitting this condo to go forward based on it having no parking since I'd assume a great number of potential buyers would be living here to walk/taxi to CBD jobs or would be living out of the country but would fly in occasionally for business and pleasure (hence not needing a parking spot). It could work, though it would admittedly be tougher selling/reselling units.

The city is completely against 0 parking spaces. Tribute wanted 0 parking at the RCMI site, which is more centrally located, and on top of a subway line and city staff have recommended that council not approve the project. As for selling the units, it won't be difficult. There are many people who purchase condos without parking. No parking garage would also mean lower maintenance fees for residents so it acts as a kind of incentive.

The police have discovered the foot is a bear paw.

Does this ruin Adma's joke, or make it better? It'd probably be better if the L tower was on Church street.

(Side note: how can you possibly mistake a bear paw for a human foot???)

I guess that kind of made a pastry, oops I mean patsy out of all of us huh?:D

The city is completely against 0 parking spaces. Tribute wanted 0 parking at the RCMI site, which is more centrally located, and on top of a subway line and city staff have recommended that council not approve the project. As for selling the units, it won't be difficult. There are many people who purchase condos without parking. No parking garage would also mean lower maintenance fees for residents so it acts as a kind of incentive.

Well, obviously the city has a problem with not including parking...I disagree with city policy regarding residential developments on this and other issues (such as amenity requirements).

It might not be difficult to sell or resell units, but it would be tougher. I'm sure more buyers would be scared away by a lack of parking than would be attracted by the lower costs. There's lots of people who don't drive but are still worried about resale.

Back