Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

From today:

6810690958_e454bf68b7_b.jpg

6810692518_8b66c04974_b.jpg

The setback is at the floor they're on now. During the daytime you can see on the webcam where the outline of the setback was.

I was thinking the other day: if only the jewelry shop on the north east corner could be bludgeoned into non-existence, we could get a nice intersection going. Not to mention maybe getting something built on top of the older (and very attractive) building on the south west corner.

Wait: I take back the comment about a building on the south west corner. That'd cramp Aura's style.

As mentioned here, Primaris has bought up a lot of properties along the stretch of Yonge from Dundas to Gerrard. Would be great to have this area revitalized with higher quality retail. Considering its centralized location, and high pedestrian traffic (including tourists) this important stretch needs improvement.

Last edited:
As mentioned here, Primaris has bought up a lot of properties along the stretch of Yonge from Dundas to Gerrard. Would be great to have this area revitalized with higher quality retail. Considering its centralized location, and high pedestrian traffic (including tourists) this important stretch needs improvement.

Exactly, thats why i dont understand of people wanting an Apple flagship store at the site of the Empress hotel...Please, that area is a dump,
and just maybe in 5-10 years. high-end retailers might look into establishing in that strech

Last edited:
Is that giant red thing a canopy? If so, it's HUGE! But i love it. Protection from the elements = WIN! I think we need more canopies in this city.

Is that giant red thing a canopy? If so, it's HUGE! But i love it. Protection from the elements = WIN! I think we need more canopies in this city.

I believe it is for protection from falling debris from the construction above more than protection from the elements. I also think it will be temporary.

Brian is right - the info pertaining to it is a page or two back. Bigtony22127's statement still makes sense with slight adjustments:

Is that giant red thing a canopy? If so, it's HUGE! But i love it. Protection from the falling construction debris = WIN! I think we need more canopies in this city.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 131642 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 5, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to 2nd floor for new retail store. Tenant - "Bed Bath & Beyond".

Why do so many people advocate for high end retail everywhere? We have enough high end retail downtown already that many people can't afford. The area serves people well now, let it continue to grow and change organically.

There are a lot of crappy shops along Younge. I'd like to see an upgrade. If it's going to be our "times square" we should have better retail. Something similar to St. Catherines street in Montreal. But I don't think Younge will ever look that good.

There are a lot of crappy shops along Younge. I'd like to see an upgrade. If it's going to be our "times square" we should have better retail. Something similar to St. Catherines street in Montreal. But I don't think Younge will ever look that good.

I thought "younge" was just an innocent typo until i saw it twice. shame!

^^Times Square is actually ground zero for crappy retail, though it has a couple standouts. I agree that for Yonge at least up to College it would be great to see improved retail spaces. No need for it to be high end, but improved spaces (Bed Bath and Beyond is not high end, but it requires good retail space). Below Dundas the retail space is a bit higher quality, and north of College (although really it is north of Wellesley) the small, independent retail and restaurants are a bit more established. Would love to see more flagship stores along Yonge, like Aura brings.

Back