News   Apr 19, 2024
 2.9K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     3 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some one's sister, and her cousin met a friend of someone who works really high up at EllisDon, and what that person was actually referring to is that they are going to put in a surface parking lot there, because bazis lost all their financing

You know what I think it is? it was all those people over at the trump thread, who did the same thing, and made themselves look like jackasses, and now their over here trying to redeem themselves by perhaps being right about 1 bloor, but they're wrong again. suckers.

Not believing 1 bloor is gonna be built is like not believing the sun will rise tomorrow. IT's a beautiful day!

Let there be light.

^^ I believe we were refer to this as hearsay, which is not only admissible in court, but also in this forum without some basis for justifying it.

I have my doubts about this project. I think the location is too cliche for words, and that the potential buyer is an individual with just a superficial, limited notion of what this city is all about....There are several projects, just a block or two away way more worthy....

BTW: just doing a follow up to hkric88 point, if they were to build a surface parking lot on the site, they wouldn't need to demolish the basement levels of the buildings which were previously on the site.....

...and EllisDon don't profile parking lots in their portfolio.

so......

I have my doubts about this project. I think the location is too cliche for words, and that the potential buyer is an individual with just a superficial, limited notion of what this city is all about....There are several projects, just a block or two away way more worthy....

Yes, there are other worthy projects in the area: Uptown, CASA, X, Four Seasons, Crystal Blu, U, Milan, Couture, Museum House, etc, etc, and guess what: They're all starting at 600 PSF minimum. So, it shouldn't surprise, anyone that the "cliche" location at the crossroads of the two subway lines, of North America's 4th largest city, which is growing rapidly, which has a strong economy, which is near Yorkville, and along Bloor, which is undergoing extensive improvements, and is near cultural landmarks, UofT, DVP, and will host a 5-star hotel, might actually command AND SELL at a premium.

People need to refrain from jumping off the cliff that is the U.S. economic crisis, greased by fear. It would be a self-fulfilling prophecy if all the nay-sayers listed for sale at once, but I, for one, am betting that within 5 years this will be just another crisis that has passed and the world will still exist; Toronto still expanding.

I spoke to an agent today that focuses on new condos and sold many units in 1BE. He said it sold incredibly well and that there's a lot of jealousy within the industry...which is why you have some naysayers about this project. He stated that it's as close to a sure bet as their is in the market today.

Well, boys & girls, construction has now officially started at 1BE. Even before Priestly has finished digging out the basements, truckloads of backfill are being brought in to shore up the site so they can install the caissons. Mark this day on your calendar, these guys are going full steam ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back