News   Mar 28, 2024
 170     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
In other news, I noticed spotlights are installed on that pillar thing at the front of TLS. You can see them from the Jack Astors patio. There are 3 of them that are facing up. I have yet to see them turned on though.

This area seriously needs some more tackiness, not less. At this rate the entire square will just be flood-lit year round. On the plus side, it keeps the homeless away.

In other news, I noticed spotlights are installed on that pillar thing at the front of TLS. You can see them from the Jack Astors patio. There are 3 of them that are facing up. I have yet to see them turned on though.

That's nice! I like the sound of that ... would be cool if they turn them on some nights.

That sucks about the sign but let's wait to see what the new one looks like ... I can't even picture it just back lit ... what will it be a giant cardboard LG smiley back lit.

You want to know the strange part ... does anyone else not really feel that bad about this ... when I first read it I thought ... this sucks. But after I contemplated for 2 seconds I reached the conclusion ... why not ... it'll just complete the ugly tackyness.

This area seriously needs some more tackiness, not less. At this rate the entire square will just be flood-lit year round.

I agree. This place should advertising extravaganza. All the dull parts of the building should be covered with ads that are lit from behind, lit from the front, glow in the dark, rotate or make rude noises.

As was discussed much earlier, it's all about the cheeze factor here

I'll leave it to Cal or others to speculate on future improvements (I'm assuming this can only be good news since we are starting at "disappointment"), but.... Toronto Life Square has been sold by Pen Inequity (ala Torch) and the deal closes soon.

In the meantime, Toronto Life has sucked it up and is paying the (shocking) multi-million dollar costs to put up their goddamn signs next month after patio season closes.

Talk about wasting a branding opportunity... miss an entire summer when you can tell folks the name of the building...

I hear the deal is cancelled due to the financial credit crunch in the States. ;)

Seriously, to whom was the sucker sold to (or who was sucker who bought it)?

Where did you hear this 3D? That's excellent news! PenEquity's cancer has been removed from our city's premier commercial square. :)

Now, we can go about healing it. First Torch, which will see an excellent new use as the headquarters of a very dynamic and city friendly TV station. Now Toronto Life Square, which I imagine can only get better from here.

Will it still be called Toronto Life Square or has this "group" decided to use their own name?

I'll leave it to Cal or others to speculate on future improvements (I'm assuming this can only be good news since we are starting at "disappointment"), but.... Toronto Life Square has been sold by Pen Inequity (ala Torch) and the deal closes soon.

In the meantime, Toronto Life has sucked it up and is paying the (shocking) multi-million dollar costs to put up their goddamn signs next month after patio season closes.

Talk about wasting a branding opportunity... miss an entire summer when you can tell folks the name of the building...

Where did you hear this 3D? That's excellent news! PenEquity's cancer has been removed from our city's premier commercial square. :)

Now, we can go about healing it. First Torch, which will see an excellent new use as the headquarters of a very dynamic and city friendly TV station. Now Toronto Life Square, which I imagine can only get better from here.

Will it still be called Toronto Life Square or has this "group" decided to use their own name?

Oh, for sure it will be a new name, right after Toronto Life put up their expensive sign in November.

Back