News   Mar 28, 2024
 247     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 235     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 279     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Regarding Centro, the article also states the same owners will re-open (in the same location) a not so pricey restaurant in its place.

A little surprising Centro always seemed really busy to me ! You won't see me complaining though, I wasn't impressed the 1 visit I had so I won't be shedding a tear.

Regarding Centro, the article also states the same owners will re-open (in the same location) a not so pricey restaurant in its place.

A little surprising Centro always seemed really busy to me ! You won't see me complaining though, I wasn't impressed the 1 visit I had so I won't be shedding a tear.

I think they want to appeal to a younger clientele as the Liberty Village condo-dwelling crowd marry, have kids and move uptown.

I remember the original Centro, in the late 80s... The only high-end restaurant in Toronto where I have ever been looked up and down in a very obvious way to determine if I met the standards of the place. Unfortunately, the food didn't meet my standards. Not long after, at our visit at the nearby North 44, we were made to wait for our reserved table for around 45 minutes, only to be served more pedestrian food.

I agree with the previous comments regarding Centro. I only ate there once about 4 years ago, i wasn't overly impressed with the food or service.

I'm still scratching my head why Claudio would close such a highly praised restaurant like Colborne Lane? I'm thinking it must be financial reasons. My foodie friends are all devastated by this news. Toronto is a city full of mediocre fine dining restaurants. The new 5 star dining at the Ritz, Four Seasons, Trump, and even sadly the new Shangri-la is all subpar compared to Colborne Lane. IMHO Colborne Lane is one of the best restaurants in Toronto if not Canada. My meals there easily measured up to (and in some cases exceeded) several Michelin rated restaurants I dined at in the states. All the severs i encountered were food and wine experts, which sure is rare to find these days!

I agree with the previous comments regarding Centro. I only ate there once about 4 years ago, i wasn't overly impressed with the food or service. I'm still scratching my head why Claudio would close such a highly praised restaurant like Colborne Lane? I'm thinking it must be financial reasons. My foodie friends are all devastated by this news. Toronto is a city full of mediocre fine dining restaurants. The new 5 star dining at the Ritz, Four Seasons, Trump, and even sadly the new Shangri-la is all subpar compared to Colborne Lane. IMHO Colborne Lane is one of the best restaurants in Toronto if not Canada. My meals there easily measured up to (and in some cases exceeded) several Michelin rated restaurants I dined at in the states. All the severs i encountered were food and wine experts, which sure is rare to find these days!
I agree with the above. Colborne Lane may have been the best meal I've ever had in this country... PERIOD!

The Timothy's at Bay & Charles has a 'for lease' sign up.

lol the starbucks across the street isn't even open yet, and they're already throwing in the towel?

I always found this Timothy's quite easily missable. I think the peculiar piece of "art" right in front of the entrance didn't exactly work to their advantage.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 124797 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 25, 2013

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to existing 1 sty building to convert to restaurant with occupant load of 248. Rack House G. Tenant - "French Bistro".

Taqueria Burrito Bar has opened at the old Spring Rolls to Go spot. So after two years at a very pop-up like spot at Cumberland Terrace, they finally have seating.

hehe you may want to explain why your posting that here ; - )

The store above is being replaced by a priest burger joint.

This is the Starbucks at Bay/Cumberland which has been closed for awhile for renos.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 2B1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 126489 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Feb 28, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display two illuminated projecting signs on the easterly and southerly elevation of first storey, in conjunction with a coffe shop. **Starbucks**

Back