Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

Off topic:

The "tower" on the ACC is that same as I call it "one style bursting out of another" architecture. It's evident on Metro Hall, The tall flatiron-ish building just east of Pinnacle, Scotia Tower, and Water Park Place. Is this pomo?

Thanks

According to today's Toronto Star - which has a picture of the old crane being removed - a new crane will arrive shortly. Phew!
Why would they be doing that? And which crane? There are 2.
Off topic:

The "tower" on the ACC is that same as I call it "one style bursting out of another" architecture. It's evident on Metro Hall, The tall flatiron-ish building just east of Pinnacle, Scotia Tower, and Water Park Place. Is this pomo?

Thanks
Funny you ask that, I was just wondering the same thing yesterday. It's an interesting type of architecture, that I actually enjoy.
I'm not sure if it's pomo or not though.

Why would they be doing that? And which crane? There are 2.

The crane on the SW tower (#4). There is a good picture of the old crane in the last photo on post 456 above. I assume they are now going to put the other type of crane up - the one with the 'arm' at 90 degrees but why they think this is necessary I do not know.

Please upgrade to pro so I can see the pics :D
Flickr seems to be pretty good

2929879506_dbb58dc39c_b.jpg

globusmaximus5000 at www.flickr.com

Pinnacle Centre will make a huge impact from this angle...

Has a new crane been erected?

FYI - posted on SSP Vancouver Forum by LeftCoaster WRT Pinnacle's "The Pier" project in North Vancouver:

In related news "The pier" development on Lonsdale in North Vancouver has also been put on indefinite hold, pending new sales and a release in the credit market. The crane currently up at the site will be disassembled soon.

Both Success and Pinnacle II have had cranes switched out during construction.

so did CASA ... I believe Pinnacle has deep enough pockets and Success2 will be no problem-O

This picture makes Toronto look like it's been abandonded for a few decades (despite the new construction).

With one lone Swan on the loose - carrier of the bird flu that emptied the city...

Back