California Condos (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

I'd be embarrassed to have any of these guys as a real estate agent. Grow up boys and show some professionalism. You're only hurting your future.

If the unit is sold out, how can it go up quite a bit in price if the unit is sold out??? Makes no sense to me.

Really? You can't figure that one out?

I just recieved a letter in the mail stating that Camrost has just applied for the building permit... Does anyone know how long this process usually takes??

This pretty much guarantees that they're going ahead with the project, not to mention the fact that the site has already been excavated and now has a concrete base.

I also received the same letter....it also indicated if a freind or family member wants to purchanse we will each get $2500....i think they are desperate for sales!

I also received the same letter....it also indicated if a freind or family member wants to purchanse we will each get $2500....i think they are desperate for sales!

They were advertising that promotion when I purchased back in June...

I'll ask a friend of mine who purchased if I can see his letter, although from what people have said here, it sounds as if this was positive news from the builder. I purchased a condo well over a year ago, pre-construction, and have not heard 'boo' from the builder. I personally value communication and news about the progress of projects.

As for the $2,500, I am aware of this offering by Camrost-Felcorp and it's their refer-a-friend program. Extra cash is always good! They have this type of incentive at all of their sites - many other builders also offer some form of referral incentives. Why not? I'm sure they want sales, but I doubt they are desperate. This project & community has and will continue to be successful. These days, I would think that every builder wants sales!!

- Funk

I'll ask a friend of mine who purchased if I can see his letter, although from what people have said here, it sounds as if this was positive news from the builder. I purchased a condo well over a year ago, pre-construction, and have not heard 'boo' from the builder. I personally value communication and news about the progress of projects.

As for the $2,500, I am aware of this offering by Camrost-Felcorp and it's their refer-a-friend program. Extra cash is always good! They have this type of incentive at all of their sites - many other builders also offer some form of referral incentives. Why not? I'm sure they want sales, but I doubt they are desperate. This project & community has and will continue to be successful. These days, I would think that every builder wants sales!!

- Funk

I didn't feel anything negative from the letter at all... As you said, most builders do not communicate. So far I've recieved a Christmas card and this update letter from Camrost.

I didn't even get a Christmas Card from my builder!! That said, my builder is fairly new in the business and probably just wants to make a quick buck - whereas Camrost-Felcorp has been in the business for years and looks like they focus more on building good communities.

Maybe my Christmas Card got lost in the mail :)

Next Saturday June 20th California Condos will start offering newly redesigned 1 bdrm units starting at $149,900... don't know the sqft yet...

California Condos

Intersting report on CBC News the other day about how California Condos will be releasing new suite designs at incredible price points. Drove by the Presentation Gallery last night and new signage is up.

I live in the area and think it's great that they are offering new product that will be attractive to first time buyers who want to get in the market. IMO, at that price, you can't go wrong from both an investment / living POV.

Link to news segment: http://www.cbc.ca/video/popup.html?http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/toronto/ondemand/video/condo-war-061109.wmv

Heh. That's $330 per square foot, considering the units are only 455 square foot closets.

It's a good price, but it should be noted that you can get resale units in the downtown core for around $350 per square foot too. ie. You don't have to pay $500 per square foot like some crazy builders seem to be trying to get.

do you guys think this would be a good investment , the $149K units
if I wanted to buy it , then rent it out ??? how much would a unit like that rent for $800-900/month and would it be hard to find renters in that area ???

i would imagine it would be harder than downtown, especially for a studio. Those would be rented out to students. Not many colleges nearby

Then this looks like a good deal. I am going to hopefully pickup one of these. Can't go wrong at that price. They say these are 1 bedrooms, not studios, which is good to hear. The carry cost will be so inexpensive and Mystic Pointe is a very popular neighbourhood - renting will not be an issue and selling in the future would get a good ROI, IMO.

Then this looks like a good deal. I am going to hopefully pickup one of these. Can't go wrong at that price. They say these are 1 bedrooms, not studios, which is good to hear. The carry cost will be so inexpensive and Mystic Pointe is a very popular neighbourhood - renting will not be an issue and selling in the future would get a good ROI, IMO.
455 sq. ft and one bedroom? Wowsers. What's the master bedroom, 110 sq. ft?

Anyone have a link to the floor plans?

Back