Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I know everyone's jacked about the spire (pun intended) but back down closer to earth they've finally installed another of the corner lighting panels. Those had stalled out awhile around the first level where offices are located, but they winched up and put in another one around noon today. As far as I can tell, though, it was just the one panel installed (possibly two), and the scaffolding has now been lowered again.

This may sound silly if I'm incorrect, but from what I understand, the dome is the penthouse's master bedroom. Doesn't that mean that it will only be lit when the residents there have their bedroom lights on?

This may sound silly if I'm incorrect, but from what I understand, the dome is the penthouse's master bedroom. Doesn't that mean that it will only be lit when the residents there have their bedroom lights on?

The dome is right above the master bedroom, so no.

`
trumps5.jpg

beautiful photograph!!! this thing is a stunner! stands out like crazy!!! most recognizable roof in the city!

The dome is right above the master bedroom, so no.

I'll bet the purchasers never thought of having a master bedroom underneath a tall spire during an electrical storm! They'll have more than a few sleepless nights.

I'll bet the purchasers never thought of having a master bedroom underneath a tall spire during an electrical storm! They'll have more than a few sleepless nights.

LOL!. and blinded at the same time!

Here's great a photo by large at SSC:

Taken yesterday...the first day that Toronto was colder than the UK since I arrived here nearly 6 weeks ago...I suspect it won't be the last!

viewoftrump.jpg

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=83552618&posted=1#post83552618

its going to be nice looking at a building thats not a box in toronto!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone's jacked about the spire (pun intended) but back down closer to earth they've finally installed another of the corner lighting panels. Those had stalled out awhile around the first level where offices are located, but they winched up and put in another one around noon today. As far as I can tell, though, it was just the one panel installed (possibly two), and the scaffolding has now been lowered again.

They're back as of right now. No panel yet, but two guys right across from my window smoking and doing prep work.

Wow. Just called the sales center for more info on completion and financing. Very professional service. I am impressed. Also, called the hotel. Looks like the Nov 1, 2011 date has been scrapped. Now open for Jan 10, 2012.

Last edited:
They're back as of right now. No panel yet, but two guys right across from my window smoking and doing prep work.

...and they're gone. Looks like they've more or less bolted particle board onto the area where the next fixture will be. Have no idea what's up with that...

Wow. Just called the sales center for more info on completion and financing. Very professional service. I am impressed. Also, called the hotel. Looks like the Nov 1, 2011 date has been scrapped. Now open for Jan 10, 2012.

interesting.... i wonder what happens to the people (if any) who made reservations after November 1.... i guess they were given notice that anything could change and that their dates may be postponed....

...and they're gone. Looks like they've more or less bolted particle board onto the area where the next fixture will be. Have no idea what's up with that...

And this morning, there's a light fixture in place and the guys are back with the scaffolding. You'd think those would be quicker to install, but I guess not...

Back