Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Love this project a lot. However, it should have been taller, maybe a super tall? Actually no -- a MEGA tall. I'm talking 2000+ feet. Height is a virtue in itself!! And maybe emblazon the edifice with the gigantic countenance of a middle eastern head of state.

YES!!! and lasers mounted on the roof shooting beams that will emblazon the moon with the Market Wharf logo on certain nights of the month. This current design is just so dissapointing. Toronto deserves better!

Last edited:
I love the fact that there is going to be a public walkway right through the middle of this building. Three retail spaces is a pleasant surprise. I thought it was just going to be the Shopper's Drug Mart.

And to think, this was originally going to be a 1 storey, big box, single Shoppers Drug Mart. What a lost opportunity, that would have been. Sometimes the city does know better, especially in this case.

I love the fact that there is going to be a public walkway right through the middle of this building. Three retail spaces is a pleasant surprise. I thought it was just going to be the Shopper's Drug Mart. .

The "public walkway" looks more like a loading dock area to me and I doubt it will be well used as it is not on a route most people would want to go along - the TPA Garage to Lower Jarvis Street. However, I guess we will see quite soon ...

[Taken 15-07-2011]

market-warf-15-06-2011.jpg

Here is a shot of the interior of the north lobby when residents took occupancy today. Going to look just fine with some fab furniture to come and the finishing touches. The arched and rolling ceiling is well done.

lobbyjuly18.jpg

Thanks for the lobby pic. Really loving this project. It's not your run of the mill condo, that's for sure.

Does anybody know where the third retail space is going to be? (I read there will be 3 retail spaces in this development) The large main space facing Jarvis will be the Shopper's Drug Mart and the condo sales office, facing the parking lot, will be another retail space but I can't see any evidence of a third retail space. Could the third space be facing Jarvis, south of the Shopper's Drug Mart? Will it be a big space?

I just searched this site for information on the two constuction projects on the west side of Market Street, just to the west of St. Lawrence Market and found nothing.

Does anyone know what this work is about?

The 3rd retail space, according to the public art request pdf, should be at the SE corner of the site (ie, facing Jarvis, south of Shoppers Drug Mart). I think I've also read (sorry, don't remember where) that it could be retail or "community space" (not sure what that means). That space is smaller than shoppers.

As for Market street, not sure if there's a thread about it? I was doing a search on toronto building permit status and there are some stuff on 12 Market Street, about creating a new temporary LCBO store...

Does anybody know where the third retail space is going to be? (I read there will be 3 retail spaces in this development) The large main space facing Jarvis will be the Shopper's Drug Mart and the condo sales office, facing the parking lot, will be another retail space but I can't see any evidence of a third retail space. Could the third space be facing Jarvis, south of the Shopper's Drug Mart? Will it be a big space?

It is in the link in post #827. http://www.context.ca/publicart/MW_Public_Art.pdf

In the PDF you will see that the 3rd retail section will be at the South East end of the building. Pg. 6

Back