Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Another thread somewhere on this site indicated Concord is being sued based on some foundational cracks of sorts in an older Cityplace building.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/17882-Concord-Developments-being-sued

The Park Place Discovery buildings have been topped up awhile ago but there's been a long delay to start moving people in. Can there be something to do with the state of the foundation or settling of the buildings that's causing this delay as well?

Last edited:
Another thread somewhere on this site indicated Concord is being sued based on some foundational cracks of sorts in an older Cityplace building.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/17882-Concord-Developments-being-sued

The Park Place Discovery buildings have been topped up awhile ago but there's been a long delay to start moving people in. Can there be something to do with the state of the foundation or settling of the buildings that's causing this delay as well?

I was told that there indeed with a structural problem with an underground river that was running under the property that needed to be settled. I don't know how they can settle it now with the building built already but it would make sense given their previous problems with a similar issue. I hope its ok, I'd hate to move into a defective building that could crumble!

September 02
All the fences have been removed around the site.

Still a fair amount of exterior work to be done.

You cannot not walk down to the Townhouse as you will be stop by security.

All the sidewalks are in place with landscaping taking place.
6107946840_2dc4cc150d_b.jpg

6107946354_dfdb0e7e15_b.jpg

6107398439_781c6ebdac_b.jpg

6107943578_359575fbfb_b.jpg

6107397581_a20501a783_b.jpg

Those standalone townhomes are building C right? I think they are part of Discovery 2, so looks like everything is basically built. Does anyone know if there are any units in those townhomes left for sale and if so how much they are?

i love how concord park place looks like its about a 10-15 minute walk to downtown in the picture. And lots of trees, not many buildings, and of course theres the highway, yes!

A big plus i think is prime location for transit. Both TTC and GO. So possibly good rental income. Oh and Ikea is just steps away so you can save on delivery.

Here's an aerial view I took of my balcony of what's been completed thus far. It's shaping up alright, soon as the developments done it'll really change up the environment.

ub3.jpg

Mrs. RRR and I made our first trip to the Leslie IKEA in I don't know how long, and I was quite impressed with how this project has turned out. If I was a North York hospital employee (or IKEA lifer, if there is such a person), I'd seriously consider this condo -- walk to work, but drive to play. It would be the mirror image of a Riverdale lifestyle, but I think it'll be a great opportunity for local workers.

Back