DSCF3442.jpg

DSCF3444.jpg

DSCF3503.jpg

DSCF3501.jpg

DSCF3541.jpg

DSCF3547.jpg

Last edited:
holy amazing pics ^
especially the one 3rd from the bottom (leslie spit i believe). sick seeing Trump from that angle with commerce court, bce, etc. all visible and not blocking each other that much, and shangri-la fills in the gap perfectly.

MLS also looks good (for a change) from that perspective.

This is a stunning piece (in its detail and scale).

The article mentions that a "glass screen will likely be installed to protect the work at street level." What does this entail exactly. Is the whole sculpture going to be behind glass and untouchable?

It hasn't been decided just how much protection the sculpture will get yet, but however much glass that entails, much of it will be above the glass. They do want to put the individual elements out of reach of passersby.

It hasn't been decided just how much protection the sculpture will get yet, but however much glass that entails, much of it will be above the glass. They do want to put the individual elements out of reach of passersby.

I was at the unveiling. Your pictures and narrative capture the ceremony fully.
Thank you for this.

As well, I did not appreciate the extra birds towards the lobby. I know the lobby will continue the "birds" theme within if the "artists renditions" are correct but given that this building so much resembles the renditions (more so than any project I can remember) I am sure the rest will be true to form.

^^^
JasonZ, that 3rd picture captures "the Rising" and continues the birds theme.

Is that planned or fortuitous?

Either way, great pics.

Back