Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

She did the perfunctory sarcastic reference to the city has " Hogtown " in the title. Doesn't that suffice for balance ?

Trust me. That's not the case. I've been in every unit on the 12th and 24th floors. There is very nice natural lighting in the hotel units and the units are mostly creme in colour. The cabinets and the bed paneling are ebony. The units have a very comfortable private feel to them, even though you are in the epicenter of the Financial District. The guys from urbantoronto can certainly attest to the views and the lighting.

Too much black!!! The hotel units will have the sunlight blocked by neighboring towers, making for some dark gloomy rooms.

Guys/gals living in these towers are always out of touch with the reality. Why live in sunny rooms and expose yourselves to the realities of the world.

Mmm...at least they did the coffee part right...Nespresso, yum, ive been on that kick since I got a swiss girlfriend! (Came as a package actually. ;-)

This tower is really bland and forgettable, I know in a city like Toronto having the Trump name (overrated) is a big deal, but this is nothing special.

You guys look so down on Toronto it's incredible. Everywhere trump goes people get excited not just in Toronto. Coming from a guy who has travelled a lot.

Trust me. That's not the case. I've been in every unit on the 12th and 24th floors. There is very nice natural lighting in the hotel units and the units are mostly creme in colour. The cabinets and the bed paneling are ebony. The units have a very comfortable private feel to them, even though you are in the epicenter of the Financial District. The guys from urbantoronto can certainly attest to the views and the lighting.

Trump Toronto, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the nit-picking on this thread. Some folks are just looking for anything to poke at.

This first-class building is a great addition to a great city.

It's a big deal everywhere. Not just Toronto.

Really?? Probably in Bangalore, Manila or Mumbai. People give too much credit to the Trump name, brand and the one and only failure Donald himself.

Anyways the point is the building, while not bad in anyway isnt special in anyway. It is another forgetable building in a forgetable city (If it wasnt for the CN tower and Rogers Center). Toronto's skyline is filled with boring boxes, at least BMO has improved somewhat.

Trump Toronto, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the nit-picking on this thread. Some folks are just looking for anything to poke at.

This first-class building is a great addition to a great city.

That's your opinion. The exterior, in my opinion, could have featured a much more interesting design and something other than the banal choice of cladding. No one here is beholden to worship the Trump name or to kiss his ass.

I know in a city like Toronto having the Trump name (overrated) is a big deal, but this is nothing special.

I find it odd you would say that...this project got lost in the dust a long time ago. In fact, the Trump name didn't save it from being a bit of a failure in the world's #1 condo market. If anything, it has not been taken seriously at all. Toronto has always been a city dominated by it's huge local developers...outsiders and newbies tend to not do well. Just ask Bazis & Talon (Trump). And that's what this project is..."pseudo" Trump project (not that a genuine Trump is any better) ha ha ha

The "forgettable city" remark was just immature.

That's your opinion. The exterior, in my opinion, could have featured a much more interesting design and something other than the banal choice of cladding.

It doesn't really rock my boat either but I'll reserve my final opinion on the exterior until I get down there when it's up and running, and complete. The interiors however along with amenities and level of service here are second to none - and impressive at that.

Speaking of Manila.

18822_manila385.jpg

Source: http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=18822

You guys look so down on Toronto it's incredible. Everywhere trump goes people get excited not just in Toronto. Coming from a guy who has travelled a lot.

It's a big deal everywhere. Not just Toronto.

Ditto.

I prefer the Trump we got in every aspect. The big exception is obviously the green roof (assuming it is actually built, which I don't think will happen).

Back