145     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you, Hazel sitting on top after what, 2 episodes of inappropriate behaviour wrt conflict of interest during her tenure speaks volumes about the electorate.

AoD

That the sheen has worn off for Ford is not a huge surprise. The big surprise (to me at least) is that Hurricane Hazel is still riding high.

I think the electorate there tuned out of politics a long time ago - in fact I think that's the reason why H is so popular - they don't have to do the dirty work since H is doing it for them. Don't worry though, the day of reckoning is near, and I am not at all sanguine about the chances of a place that is so rusty at citizens being engaged in the governance of their city.

AoD

Last edited:
Good grief ... Rob Ford really doesn't recognize Mary Walsh? She's only been doing this role since when Mulroney was Prime Minister. When Ford was in his early 20s ...

Well, Doug Ford didn't know what Margaret Atwood looked like. Perhaps someone needs to make the Brothers Ford some flash cards with photos of famous Canadians. Because you never know when you might find yourself in an elevator with Rick Mercer or Adrienne Clarkson or David Suzuki. You woudn't want to not say Hello.

And I like Ford's veiled threat, "... I just hope someone else doesn’t do that again because I don’t want anything serious to happen." Just hope no more bespectacled, middle aged Warrior Princesses show up on his doorstep on Halloween. Who knows what might happen? And when are we going to get to hear the 911 call recording?

Last edited:
Eug:

The comment itself is of course awful and embrassing in terms of IR, but with little impact on the governance of the city itself. Fraud on the other hand is only a year into his mandate and how many questionable ethical lapses with real impact have we had? That's not to mention the ongoing investigation into his campaign itself - let's just say, honest mistakes tend not to be complicated in execution.

AoD

Last edited:
canmark:

And I like Ford's veiled threat, "... I just hope someone else doesn’t do that again because I don’t want anything serious to happen." Just hope no more bespectacled, middle aged Warrior Princesses show up on his doorstep on Halloween. Who knows what might happen?

Oh I hope something happens - you bet it's going to be on National TV for all to see. No more "he said, she said" weaseling out of his own behaviour.

AoD

Regardless of all else, Ford has unwittingly provided the Canadian comedy/satire shows with some great fodder. I hope for his own sake that he is prepared.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back