Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

From today.

5h04J.png

lXEJh.png

1hh9M.png

First Post - New Rookie In Town

Let me first say that it is an absolute (no pun intended) honor and privilege to be able to contribute to a website dedicated to the urban enthusiast. This being my inaugural post i would first like to pay homage to those before me who have contributed so much to the site - THANK YOU!

These 2 towers are spectacular in my eyes. I think the lines of them (from certain angles - like the photo above illustrates) match so well together that they strike me as a couple of puzzle pieces, that could be put together so effortlessly. So I certainly appreciate the thought behind that.

The 2nd tower doesn't strike me as stubby either, although extra height would have made good complimentary sense. To be honest I actually prefer the design of the 2nd tower. Has the 2nd tower been given a name yet??? May I suggest the following:

James Dougherty - the "James" - unless thats been given to the James Cooper Mansion Condo
Joe DiMaggio - the "Joe"
Arthur Miller - the "Arthur Miller"

None of the above really carry the same allure or stature as "Marilyn" but wasn't that the case in real life anyways and therefore somewhat fitting that it be bestowed upon the smaller 2nd tower...

My apologies for the long drawn out post - lets chalk that down to a "rookie" mistake!

^^^ yes, I've always thought of the second MAD tower as being more of a male torso compared to the more feminine Marilyn. Looking at them both in the photos above, the twist in Marilyn actually reminds me of the double helix twist of DNA.. so if that name hadnt already been used I think it would have suited better: "DNA". The Marilyn nickname seemed fun when the tower was proposed and went into sales but now that its complete I've kind of gotten over that and wish that the name hadnt stuck.

Has the 2nd tower been given a name yet??? May I suggest the following:

James Dougherty - the "James" - unless thats been given to the James Cooper Mansion Condo
Joe DiMaggio - the "Joe"
Arthur Miller - the "Arthur Miller"

None of the above really carry the same allure or stature as "Marilyn" but wasn't that the case in real life anyways and therefore somewhat fitting that it be bestowed upon the smaller 2nd tower...

Welcome, 81.

Joe and Arthur were both strapping fellas, 6 feet tall or more, so it doesn't really make sense naming the shorter tower after them. I'd never heard of James D until just now so I don't know if that name's gonna stick. I would suggest another female since the tower is the shorter of the two, and someone plump since the tower is not an hourglass figure. I suggest "The Shelley" for Shelley Winters who was at one time a roommate of Marilyn's.

The concrete pump on the roof of E is gone and only a matter of weeks before the tower crane is removed.

The hat looks different than D at this point.

One of the few days I didn't have my camera with me to get some close ups as well afar shots as I was travelling around car city.

How about "The Eliz" after Elizabeth Taylor?? http://www.thestar.com/topic/elizabethtaylor

welcome to UT cap81!!!

I really really love that perspective of Jasonzed's ^^^
talk about crazy urban sprawl! almost out of control!

Back