Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Though best bagels in the city has to be Gryfe's on Bathurst.

Agreed. Though as far as bagel franchises go, Bagel House is miles ahead of What a Bagel. Really depends on your preference - NY vs MTL.

I won't have a second thought about seeing that What a Bagel go for a proper development like this.

Nope not correct ... only a couple stores north of Yonge will be demolished, only up to the bagel store.

I think you mean north of Eglinton? I had understood the project was for two towers occupying the east side of Yonge between Eg and Roehampton? That would include the new Greek Resto I mentioned.

Hmm odd, left coaster had mentioned on SSP that they were sitting around 50% right now. I don't know how reliable that is, but his rumours have been accurate in the past, and is a mod there, so I doubt he's trolling. As for how he gets the information, I have no idea.

Hmm odd, left coaster had mentioned on SSP that they were sitting around 50% right now. I don't know how reliable that is, but his rumours have been accurate in the past, and is a mod there, so I doubt he's trolling. As for how he gets the information, I have no idea.

50% of what? They have no approvals and not even a positive planning report AFAIK. The project is a moving target of misinformation.

No approvals, guaranteed delays from subway construction, dubious reputation, crazy prices- don't get BAZISSED! If you're buying up here why not buy from a real developer with a proven track record?

Takefive: Taal is correct. Not everything on Yonge north to Roehampton is involved.
CN Tower: The subway will be beside this, not under it. Why would it delay it?

Takefive: Taal is correct. Not everything on Yonge north to Roehampton is involved.
CN Tower: The subway will be beside this, not under it. Why would it delay it?

Are you kidding?? You actually believe that putting up a 60 storey building at the same time as a subway is being constructed immediately adjacent to your site would not cause extreme disruption to your development plans?

Can someone please let me in on this "subway construction" everyone is talking about? Have I been living under a rock?

Eglinton LRT will be running underground here, with construction in this area starting sometime in 2014 and surface work likely finishing up in 2018ish.

Are you kidding?? You actually believe that putting up a 60 storey building at the same time as a subway is being constructed immediately adjacent to your site would not cause extreme disruption to your development plans?

It's just another component to it all. There's no extreme disruption, there's simply accommodation.

Can anyone else confirm if this buildings height has been reduced? Seems like this is becoming more and more common...

It's just another component to it all. There's no extreme disruption, there's simply accommodation.

Friendly cyber-bet that if this project even goes ahead (no better than 50/50 odds in my mind) that the occupany dates commence at minimum 1 year+ after they promise? It will be fun to prove you in 2020!

I'd be an idiot to take that bet, though. Nearly every project in the city is delayed past its projected occupancy date with many going beyond the one year late mark!

Friendly cyber-bet that if this project even goes ahead (no better than 50/50 odds in my mind) that the occupany dates commence at minimum 1 year+ after they promise? It will be fun to prove you in 2020!

What's with all the negativity? This project will almost certainly go forward even if its just because of the location. I can't see any reason to believe otherwise and your constant negativity could almost be construed as negative advertising. Do you work in the industry? Do you have reasons to want this project to stop? In a few years this will be one of only two intersections in the fourth largest city in North America to have intersecting subway lines beneath it. This building will have interior access to both. The area is already hugely popular within the Toronto populace so really, what's the issue?

Back