News   Apr 18, 2024
 304     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

Holts

I heard Holts was looking for a new home a couple years ago. I'm sure this spot will eventually be redeveloped but I'm inclined to believe that it won't occur before the current cycle tails off. Remember we're already down 59% from 2011 sales. Furthermore Flaherty has indicated that he won't raise CMHC's limits. The slowdown is upon us.

People go nuts if you tell them a building is going to be 10 storey, let alone 30-50.

If and when we get a 100's building, we are still not in the big league, but more the semi-pro.

We have no more room to sprawl to, other than going up.

Today 50-75's building will be low-rise down the road, but we will not be around to see it.

All I can say, lets get on with building the supper towers.

No reason Holt should not see 2 tall towers, as its a waste of space now. Other than been an upscale store, there nothing to write home about it or worth saving.

pretty much kinda how it is, higher is the new norm. 50 is the new 30 in toronto and round the world they are already planning 1km towers. 200 years from now all supertalls will be hundreds of stories

Remember we're already down 59% from 2011 sales.

Ahh come-on, your judging this on one month sales:eek:

GTA condo sales down 59 per cent in February
Condo sales declined 59 per cent across the GTA in February as builders sold remaining inventory from last year and geared up to launch new projects for spring

“On the highrise side, while it may appear that sales are down from last year, it actually reflects the typical February lag as existing units are purchased while new condominium projects prepare to launch in the City of Toronto later this year.”
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1149238--gta-condo-sales-down-59-per-cent-in-february?bn=1

CN, i see another 3-4 years before we should start to panic.
And yes there is something brewing with the City of Toronto planning for this property...we'll know soon enough
for the past year there has also been a bunch of rumours from reliable sources, regarding a very tall tower for this location.

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread"?

Mods, could we have it moved please?

Yea this shouldnt be in the construction thread until we have concrete facts. This all seems like speculation still

???? there is an app in with the city. how is this "speculation" stilll?

I would love to see the app. for a 100+ storey project. Please tell me where I can find it? ...seems to me that the only app. submitted is for a reno. to Holts...with no real data.

???? there is an app in with the city. how is this "speculation" stilll?

Yes i saw that post. all the numbers were blanks. it looks like a development for the holt's site but i dont see a damn thing about it being a supertall. so please explain to me how this isnt speculation?????

What does it say re: an amendment to the plan? Is there any mention about an addition of such a tall structure..? What are the numbers?

The official plan amendment is in there, if you look closely enough. You might find a hint about a residential development project or two in Morguard's recent prospectus. But shees, I'm done with this thread. I'll wait a couple more days until whatever is planned there to becomes "official."

I now have the details on this development. It will be taller (by floor count) than any other building in the city but falls short of cracking triple digits. I have no idea when it will become official. Those in the know might as well confirm this information though.

Prediction - 83 floors and an architect that will scare the bejesus out of the architectural critics on this forum.

Back