Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

I was walking around CP last nite (thinking of these bitchy posts) and realized the most recent (montage) 2 buildings' glazing looks no better or worse than the Hudson just up the street; at night/late PM--not bad at all. Yeah the older phases are cheap and blah; but then I find most of Toronto looks cheap and blah by day; @nite the beauty of Toronto shine's brightest imo.

And I confirmed something a few people have mentioned: the girls of CP are damned hot!:)

I was walking around CP last nite (thinking of these bitchy posts) and realized the most recent (montage) 2 buildings' glazing looks no better or worse than the Hudson just up the street; at night/late PM--not bad at all. Yeah the older phases are cheap and blah; but then I find most of Toronto looks cheap and blah by day; @nite the beauty of Toronto shine's brightest imo.

Like many buildings in this city, they need a good cleaning.

Has anyone purchased a unit in Parade? At $450 to $490/sqrft. its certainly getting up there in price.

cityplacephotonr4.jpg

From the Condo Guide Magazine (What a horribly designed website!)

Everyone loves a Parade - Concord Adex celebrates the addition of Parade to Concord CityPlace

When it comes to superlatives, Parade at Concord CityPlace corners the market. Designed by world-class architects Kohn, Pedersen, Fox and Associates (KPF) of New York, Parade is a fitting capper for what has been one of the most ambitious new inner-city neighbourhoods in Canada’s 140-year history.

As a piece of architecture, it is an instant icon. Six structures come together to make a singular statement for all the advantages of living in downtown Toronto. As a home, it offers the absolute best of city life combined with a connection to the great outdoors.

“It takes as its starting point those wonderful New York buildings that ring Central Park and then moves design up a notch,†says Alan Vihant, Vice-President of Development at Concord Adex Developments, the force behind CityPlace. “After all, we are creating the largest, privately funded city park in recent history – eight marvelous acres. We wanted residents living on its perimeter to be able to take maximum enjoyment from it.â€

Buyers can now celebrate the best the city has to offer as Concord Adex releases the mid-rise building and lower portion of the tower for sale in the eastern section of Parade. The suites are unique in concept, unique in location and unique in the views they offer.

But the eastern tower is just part of the greater scale of Parade.

Designed by world renowned architects, KPF of New York and London, the six structures that make up Parade will be at the north end of the park, which runs north from Bremner Avenue. Leading up to them, acting as a design overture, will be a lushly landscaped pathway of natural stone, flanked by splendid, mature trees which extend around the entire complex, creating a border of greenery.

KPF is recognized internationally for exceptional design, and currently has two buildings under construction in China. The World Financial Centre in Shanghai will be a 101-storey mixed-use building that, at 1,509 ft., will be taller than the CN Tower. Facing downtown Hong Kong across Victoria Harbour, The International Commerce Centre in Kowloon when completed in 2008, will encompass 2.7 million sq. ft. of office space in 118 stories, making it one of the tallest structures in the world.

Concord Adex recruited the creative energy of KPF to deliver a signature, landmark structure as an anchor for the western section of CityPlace. The result is a superb design statement, both inside and out – one of the few opportunities for people to own a home designed by KPF, who are traditionally known for their commercial buildings.

ll by lV Interior Design created the suites at Parade to reflect an urban forest. The design takes its theme from nature, artfully combining the best of life on a park with the need for calm, relaxing indoor spaces. Floors, walls and kitchen ceilings are of warm, rich woods, embracing residents in a natural setting that links seamlessly with the views of greenery. The spatial efficiency of melding kitchen with dining and living room creates a sense of openness and light.

“There is quite literally nothing else like it in Toronto,†says Vihant. “It is not just the views of open greenspace and trees galore. Nor the generous balconies and terraces which cleverly mesh indoor and outdoor spaces.â€

He ticks off just a few items on the extensive list of upgrades that, at Parade, are standard: natural quartz counter tops in the kitchen with full-height travertine backsplash, Miele appliances including an integrated fridge and dishwasher, stainless steel sinks and designer fixtures, one-piece combination washer/dryer, natural stone counter in the bathroom with vessel sink and walls and floors in travertine, and, of course, the latest in high-tech communications and entertainment.

Then there are the superb amenities. Not just a health club, workout rooms and a lap pool with a spa like feature running on the vertical wall at the end, but an expansive outdoor terrace, large enough to accommodate that much needed private space as well. Then there’s the WiFi lounge; the billiard room.; the theatre with stacked seating; both an indoor and outdoor kids’ space; even a spa, day care and exercise and play area for pets.

To see for yourself the unparalleled advantages Parade offers, visit the sale pavilion and its model suites. The address is 23 Spadina Ave. Hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week. Call 416-813-0999, or visit is www.cityplace.ca for details.

One must have a Masters degree in creative writing to write these condo-blurbs.

Aside from that, this development could prove to be the best in City Place -- probably because of the park.

This is what Concord wanted:
cityplaceparadevision.jpg

The city wanted something like this:
cityplaceparadecity.jpg

What we are getting:
cityplaceparadepark.jpg

The park:
cityplacepark.jpg

The podium of Parade, which I have to admit looks amazing:
cityplaceparadebase.jpg

Based on those images, chalk one up for the city. The Concord version up top looks sterile.

Sterile indeed. But it could just be due to the muted, pastel colouring of the rendering itself. The podiums also add to the sterility as they all seem to be identical and not much different from what we've already seen east of Spadina.

I don't think I've seen this rendering before now. The lowrise building looks surprisingly impressive for CityPlace - I hope the one to the west is the same. The base of it seems reminicent of the renderings for Murano. The tower on the left looks pretty blah but the bridge connecting this tower to the one directly west makes up for that. The landscaping, while not spectacular, is definitely a step forward. I wonder if the umbrellas are actually part of the development or if it was just artist license.

cityplaceparadebase.jpg

Forget sterile...the image at the top looks like something out of a Soviet planning book. We take so many shots at the OMB that we sometimes forget what could have happened in many of the same situations...

I wish we could see more of these 'could have been' shots

I wish we could see more of these 'could have been' shots

I have a few more I can post when I get the chance. There's the Canadian Tire at Leslie/Lakeshore, 100 Spadina, VU condo, Simcoe Place (Ritz & RBC), Telus Tower/Union station south entrance, Four Seasons (you guys already know the before and after) and 1 Bloor East which was already posted. All of them have a before and after design review render or site plan. I also have a render of what Yonge & Eglinton can look like including the TTC bus station.

The only problem is the file size is so massive that it slows everything down when I go through it.

The first pic would be a standard townhouse podium (with condos above) facing the park.
The actual one will have to be commercial retail at grade.

So does Luna have commercial retail at grade to form a continuous band of retail along Fort York Blvd from the supermarket in Neo/Montage?

Back