Toronto The Florian | ?m | 25s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Hariri Pontarini

now, do we know that it's real marble and not some kind of extruded vinyl? ah, just being sarcastic! Love this building, it just does so much different from what we've been seeing the last 5 years. I hope it wins some sort of award.

The crane was in the stages of being dismantled this morning. I should have had my camera with me.

Not surprising on what I saw on June 8 as there was not much to do for it. I sure miss the marble and never noticed as I walked by it.
5815107734_f963b29733_b.jpg

5815106676_21c723f639_b.jpg

5814536103_083f838558_b.jpg

5815095716_ab8a9f39d2_b.jpg

5815093054_da63dcb753_b.jpg

That is some beautiful glass they are putting up there, it compliments the building perfectly. The 4 season's gets most of the attention in this area but she's quite the stunner as well. btw thanx for all the updates.

The Florian is what all developers should be striving for in this city regarding towers. They actually put some thought and effort into this building and it shows. Excellent job. The rest of you builders need to take notice and stop flooding us with the same box over and over again.

It's just a wee bit of a shame that the Florian continues to perpetuate Toronto's three-storey streetscape, and when the error of those ways has already been so well established. I love the strong curve of the facade though.

The Equinox gym chain has retracted their interest in opening a facility in the Florian's podium. No word on who will replace them.

Also, I wonder how long it'll be before another tower or two are built between 4S and that child of the 80s on the corner.

Something has started.

The Jesuit building is coming down now.

Not sure if urbantoronto has a thread on this one.

Pic taken July 9, 2011

uWc8G.jpg

Last edited:

Back