Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

18 Yorkville is awful, that picture is quite good, I love the old library and fire station.

Also what's with the treatment of the mechanical box on the shorter tower? Yuck.

umm...we are. Dubai went bankrupt, and had to borrow from its actually rich brother Abu Dhabi. We are in a higher league in almost every way then smoke and mirrors dubai.

Alas, things are going awry for Abu Dhabi too - the emirate had to step in earlier this year to bail out their largest developer, Aldar, and the opening of their Saadiyat Island cultural district ( glittering trinkets by Gehry, Foster, Nouvel, Hadid, Tadao Ando ... ) is "postponed" until 2017 ... or so.

16 December 2011: Needs to be twinned (as in another aA tower, not a direct copy) to make for a proper gateway to the avenue. Also I wonder if the sales centre will make way for another tower?

331oz.jpg

327mi.jpg

324oo.jpg

318ph.jpg

315br.jpg

I wish the city had the good sense to place beautiful wooden benches and street furniture around the area so we could just sit and stare at this beautiful building. It's fun to just look up!

323kz.jpg

Toronto's most exclusive bridge?

Hilarious:

299ha.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the final finish for the base? It looks like a chalkboard.

Yep it's the finished product ... it actually looks really good in person, the pictures don't do it justice.

I absolutely love what we've got, but that last shot makes me think about the possibilities had the market supported the second tower at an equal height. Though, I'm definitely not complaining about what we did get.

The above shot makes me think that a nice pyramid or spire type roof element would really complete the look of the tower - it would draw the eye upwards and place a satisfying peak on the growing midtown mountain range. (Cue the outrage...)

Back