Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I was going by this
Pardon me if this has been posted (I didn't want to dig through 45 pages of "It's not going to be built" arguments), but I came across this rendering of the area between College Park and Aura towards the park:

img_lrg_aura1.jpg

And the fact that there haven't been any permits issued for building on the laneway (which all of the documents indicated was a separate development) to surmise that the connection would be above grade. The retail floor plan does seem to suggest a tunnel and underground connection tho

Ah, okay.

Well, yes, the laneway will be reinstated once the construction is complete so as to maintain an outdoor connection between Yonge and Barbara Ann Scott Park, and to provide first floor retail window space and access to both buildings.

It's good to see that Barbara Ann Scott's accomplishments will be commemorated on Yonge Street with the bronze, silver, and gold arches... but she only got a gold at the '48 Olympics, along with lots of other firsts at other events, and a couple of seconds at others. No thirds I am aware of though... so why the bronze arch? (Not that I think that these arches are all that outstanding an artistic statement, BTW.)

They look like the Giant Magnets of College Park.

Thanks for the clarification. The cross-examination is finished; you may leave the stand, Whatever.

Nice timelapse you got there!

Cool little road they paved there! I love newly paved roads! They're spotless (until mother nature attacks)!

I wonder why they paved the road... to my understanding, it won't last long cause they will need to be digging underneath it eventually...

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!

Thanks, steveve.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the new ramp location is. Perhaps someone who has the inside scoop can enlighten us.

Very cool timelapse. No wonder digging takes so long on these big projects. One truckload of dirt is barely noticeable when removed from the pit.

Very cool timelapse. No wonder digging takes so long on these big projects. One truckload of dirt is barely noticeable when removed from the pit.

Thanks, Therion. Yes, I've been noticing that as the digging has progressed in the past couple weeks. There has been a steady stream of trucks coming in to haul away the dirt. It also got me thinking: the sheer amount of materials that goes into such a large development and that all of it comes in by truck! It must be a massive undertaking just to manage the movement of materials in and out.

The new ramp was built to access the loading area for College Park temporarily. The old ramp will be removed and replaced with a permenant ramp that will be part of the structure of the parking garage. The temporary ramp is fairly steep and will be there for a while, which is why they paved it.

Awesome time lapse video, thanks for posting it!

I was down at Dundas Square the other day. Looking up Yonge St, It occurred to me, that Aura will have quite an impact on the square. I'm guessing that the west side of Yonge, from Dundas to Gerrard, will be completely redeveloped in the next few years.

Thanks, Therion. Yes, I've been noticing that as the digging has progressed in the past couple weeks. There has been a steady stream of trucks coming in to haul away the dirt. It also got me thinking: the sheer amount of materials that goes into such a large development and that all of it comes in by truck! It must be a massive undertaking just to manage the movement of materials in and out.

Where does all that dirt go these days? Do they still dump it at the Leslie Street Spit?

Back