Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Singapore's Trump looking building in gold (Pls note: Not actually a Trump Building)

1043.jpg
918.jpg
959.jpg
923.jpg
1040.jpg

Attachments

• 1043.jpg
    1043.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 918.jpg
    918.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 959.jpg
    959.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 923.jpg
    923.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 266
  • 1040.jpg
    1040.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 308
Trump is flawed and clumsy but lots of things I like are. It's not surprising it doesn't appear as anybody's first choice but I think it's a stretch to say there is no love for it, at least among those of us outside the square-box club.

For one of the nicest buildings to be built and probably ever built in Toronto, you sure are harsh on Trump. There are plenty of really ugly buildings in Toronto that are far more deserving to be as harshly criticized.
:p

For one of the nicest buildings to be built and probably ever built in Toronto

You are of course fully entailed to hold that opinion. But, that has not been the general consensus as see here; http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/18161-Your-Favorite-u-c-Highrise-Project
Obviously that doesn't mean that the building is universally recognized as a failure, but clearly its not seen as one of Toronto's best new buildings, at least not here on UT.

On the other hand I do agree entirely that there are plenty of other buildings far more deserving of criticism.

Let's just say it's a nicer building that's different from the Toronto norm.
It's not Toronto's best, it's not Toronto's worst.. but it certainly makes an impact on the skyline from almost every direction, and that's a WIN in my opinion!

Let's just say it's a nicer building that's different from the Toronto norm.
It's not Toronto's best, it's not Toronto's worst.. but it certainly makes an impact on the skyline from almost every direction, and that's a WIN in my opinion!

i won't say it makes a huge impact at all, (aside from Adelaide street which it is a game changer), but its the icing on the cake... just makes our skyline that much cooler,

i won't say it makes a huge impact at all, (aside from Adelaide street which it is a game changer), but its the icing on the cake... just makes our skyline that much cooler,

Ya, hopefully the 'glass spire' and 'onion dome' will be dramatic enough to impact the night time skyline as well. It's def a welcome change, IMO :)

Ya, hopefully the 'glass spire' and 'onion dome' will be dramatic enough to impact the night time skyline as well. It's def a welcome change, IMO :)

it will.. guaranteed, (i don't see how it could go wrong lol!)... it'll be the best thing on the night skyline since RBC's lighting (which, arguably is too bright on the skyline)

Just because it`s different doesn`t make it necessarily any better than a box. At the end of the day, Trump is still bad architecture.

(this is my first post fyi)
I have enjoyed this recent building boom and find that The Trump building adds such a beautiful note to the skyline. It looks interesting from many corners of the city, near and far. I wish more buildings would take a risk with the roofline. I was not a fan of the tower as it was going up, but once the dome and spire went up, it made all the difference for me.

Aaaaanywayyy..
I thought I read a couple pages back that the glass was being installed on the Onion Dome. Has any progress been made w/ this over the weekend?

Is johnwood, AreB? I'm with TonyV, Let's get back to the topic.

The one thing, I think we can all agree on, is that Trump is pretty tall for its site. It adds density and its colour provides contrast to FCP, BA and SP. Other than that it's up to one's taste.

Aaaaanywayyy..
I thought I read a couple pages back that the glass was being installed on the Onion Dome. Has any progress been made w/ this over the weekend?

No, no glass has been installed on the onion dome.

I wouldn't hold you breath for weekend work.

No, no glass has been installed on the onion dome.

I wouldn't hold you breath for weekend work.

lol Thanks, judging from the latest photo, I guess not.
Any clue as to when 'glassing' the dome will take place? Am really looking forward to seeing this beacon on the skyline!

Back