River City Condos (Urban Capital) - Real Estate -

Not really a secret. Price list is probably more valuable.

I am not sure if it is allowed, and to be honest dont really know how to post things onto this forum.

that's all public info since the developers are selling the product.
it's just unfortunate that pricing can change so often, they never really post prices b/c if may not be accurate.

most RE agents want ppl's email and contact info to follow up with.

Why all the secrecy over the layouts? They're available on the web: http://www.lakeshorehighrise.com/rivercity-toronto-condo.htm

thanks Hank !

Last edited:
Market value suites are supposed to start at 460psf. Is this the project with the lottery system in place to assign spots to pre-construction buyers?

Thats correct. If you check the west don lands thread in projects and construction there is a link to the toronto sun article.

They appear to have submitted their Site Plan Application on 8 December

635 KING ST E

Ward 28
South District Site Plan Approval 09 194999 STE 28 SA Dec 8, 2009 --- --- --- --- ---
Site plan application for The development of two buildings connected by an elevated walkway. The western portion of Block 22 will be developed with a 7 storey (23 metres) residential building with 97 dwelling units. Block 24 will be developed with a 14 storey mixed use building on a 8 storey podium building with 252 dwelling units and 28 square metres of ground floor retail space. This development is the first of multiphase development. - Parking 256 spaces - PHASE 1 = 112 spaces - 2 level elevated parking garage due to flood plain - block 22.

Is it silly to jump on this condo now or should i wait for phase 2 or 3 to become available? I'm very interested in buying a 1 bedroom + den as a first time home buyer but is this a good investment? Should I be looking elsewhere?

I don't know which phase is best to choose from... I'll leave that to others.

But River City, Corktown District, and the West Don Lands could arguably have the best investment potential in Toronto. King East is the new King West. You would have to wait a long time for this true up and coming neighbourhood to develop, but it has great potential and is only an 8 minute streetcar ride to Yonge Street, around the corner from St. Lawrence Market, and even closer to the Distillery District. I'll also add the underrated Queen East strip east of the DVP. It may take 5 years to get a grocery store and dry cleaner outside your door, but within 10 years it could very well be the place to be.

I don't know which phase is best to choose from... I'll leave that to others.

But River City, Corktown District, and the West Don Lands could arguably have the best investment potential in Toronto. King East is the new King West. You would have to wait a long time for this true up and coming neighbourhood to develop, but it has great potential and is only an 8 minute streetcar ride to Yonge Street, around the corner from St. Lawrence Market, and even closer to the Distillery District. I'll also add the underrated Queen East strip east of the DVP. It may take 5 years to get a grocery store and dry cleaner outside your door, but within 10 years it could very well be the place to be.

I just moved into a place in Corktown - I sure hope that King East is not the new King West. I was on King West on Sat night at 3am. King West is the new Adelaide / Richmond club district. Fun when you want to party but wouldn't want to live there. Seems to be getting worse too.

Speaking in terms of development, it is.

As for the club scene, that's between Bathurst and Spadina. At least it's a more mature crowd then the Entertainment District. And so long as you're partying Sat night at 3am then it wouldn't be so bad to live down the street. :) Of course, there are other options farther down the road.

King West sure has exploded over the years, for better or for worse.

The music is so incredible on the website right now! This is a very exciting project!

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 382
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 403
If I'm not mistaken, tentative occupancy may begin in March/ April 2013 - I wonder if they will proceed with occupying the building if Phase II is just beginning to get underway? My thoughts are that it may not be too safe with all the construction workers, equipment and materials lying around. I would imagine that this may push the confirmed occupancy dates to later in 2013......:confused:

There are a number of projects that are completed in phases with heavy construction either adjacent or part of the same site. Examples that come to mind are Market Wharf (podium & tower) and College Park 1 & 2, DNA 1 & 2 though I know there are many, many more. A fried of mine received an updated occupancy date for sometime in May - he's in the low-rise section of phase 1.

There are a number of projects that are completed in phases with heavy construction either adjacent or part of the same site. Examples that come to mind are Market Wharf (podium & tower) and College Park 1 & 2, DNA 1 & 2 though I know there are many, many more. A fried of mine received an updated occupancy date for sometime in May - he's in the low-rise section of phase 1.

Would you happen to know what floor your friend purchased a unit on in the River Street building? The previous tentative occupancies were from March to beginning of April for this building. So may be an extra month or two now...

I'm just renting month-to-month, so it's not really a concern for me if occupancies are delayed...but it can be tricky for those that need to sell a property or break a lease.

Back