Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

once again, FREAKIN EPIC update guys! :D!. Looking at these photos, i noticed all the low-lying buildings (cumberland terrace, yonge street shops, etc..) create an almost flat-plain/surface throughout a huge chunk of this area (except for the odd few towers like Manulife, Uptown, Hudson-Bay, etc...). there's so much potential here to build up! many will disagree considering it's yorkville (a developed area), but i like building up :D!.

Cumberland Terrace/1 Bloor should really help this area! :D

2 September 2010:

dsc00085urbandreamer.jpg

2nd level of residential setback was begun today, but crappy weather means my photo looks like poo.

Has it been decided what will happen to the current locations of the Four Seasons hotel. There arent pretty to look at and are showing their age. Especially the Bloor st. building with the way it bears over the Anglican Church at Bloor and Ave. It would be nice to redevelop that land with something that fits the corner better. Lower floor count at that intersection and retain the height at the north tower but maybe move it so it rises from Cumberland and the podium faces Yorkville instead. Essentially flipping the north tower's current setup.

Taschen is moving in to this spot on Yorkville almost across the street from the 4 Seasons. Nice to see a medium to high end retailer on this section of Yorkville and I'm sure there will be more as the hotel nears completion. This section of Yorkville has always been a bit of a dead zone especially with that parking garage mid block.

taschen.jpg

Can someone re-direct me to the official thread for this new project (replacing the old four seasons).

for me, just thinking of the demolition of the old four seasons is painful!. Bringing down a perfectly sturdy 30 story skyscraper brick for brick will not only be costly but looks like it would take A LONG TIME!... i would *think* it would take at least a year to bring it down. compared to less than 10 seconds with explosives :p!

I'm not a huge fan of destroying the old FS. i would rather see it used for another tenant. there's quite a bit of history in that building. i *think* it was the first Four Seasons right?

Can someone re-direct me to the official thread for this new project (replacing the old four seasons).

for me, just thinking of the demolition of the old four seasons is painful!. Bringing down a perfectly sturdy 30 story skyscraper brick for brick will not only be costly but looks like it would take A LONG TIME!... i would *think* it would take at least a year to bring it down. compared to less than 10 seconds with explosives :p!

I'm not a huge fan of destroying the old FS. i would rather see it used for another tenant. there's quite a bit of history in that building. i *think* it was the first Four Seasons right?

It makes the church that surrounds it look very sterile, bland, and comical. I'll be there first in line to see that ugly brutalist thing be put down. That corner deserves much more than the old FS. And I'm sure it's only about 23 stories.

123oxv.png

It's probably the last building i'd like to see hugging such a historical church like that. A condo on either side of it would make things look much more appropriate.

Last edited:
That's not the Four Seasons, that's Renaissance Plaza and it's not going anywhere. The old/current Four Seasons is on the north side of Cumberland and that's the building that's going to be demolished.

That's not the Four Seasons, that's Renaissance Plaza and it's not going anywhere. The old/current Four Seasons is on the north side of Cumberland and that's the building that's going to be demolished.

Oh... Jesus :(

I interpreted Mig's question incorrectly. I still nominate that thing to go down though.

Last edited:
My bad. I assumed that building was part of the Four Seasons hotel. They are very similar looking. Id still rather see the Renaissance torn down and developed before the current Four Seasons is. Renaissance is clearly one of the worst offenders in Toronto. Four Seasons isnt horrible but could be better. Are there no plans for a redevelopment of the Renaissance? I dont know how the owners could be proud of that thing.

Back