Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

300 Front St W construction photos

Some early May construction photos of 300 Front St. W. from our Facebook photoset.

Loft east side (John St.)

K71jqJ

Lofts south side facing future public square

JrYsoL

Tower east side facing future public square

KgbZ4w

Tower south side (Front St. W.)

Ly2FLy

Tower west side

KAQAWI

Last edited:
I think the 3D/layered cladding on the loft is a taste of what we'll see at Ten York. Overall 300 is a bit too spandrel heavy for my liking (the Tridel signature), but it should look pretty good despite it. I also like the contrast between the dark and light sections.

Great cladding, love this building! Great for the neighbourhood - Changes the feel of Front St. and will contrast the cityplace clear class on the south side further west.

I love that this building has multiple benefits for the area. Yep, it does help create a street wall but it also adds density, retail, covers up the ugly hydro junk and puts a nice, little public square in a great location. To top it off, the building looks pretty nice and will add depth, as well as beauty to our skyline, so it's a huge plus in many ways. Will there also be some art provided? We need more buildings that bring multiple benefits to the city. (besides just development charges)

Although the effect is cool, I'm finding the glazing on the midrise to be tinny and cheap-looking.

The main tower's glass is nice though, and indeed the lighter windows seem to be a nod to the CBC building's window designs next door. The dark grey glazing looks very sharp.

Why is everyone gushing over this project? It's Nothing special! Just another grey eyesore in the city! The only person or persons who should be gushing are the developers as they laugh all the way to the bank!

Just because something is over 20 storeys doesn't make it a gem!

Well....count me in the 'gush' camp...really liking the black and white pattern on the midrise....

Why is everyone gushing over this project? It's Nothing special! Just another grey eyesore in the city! The only person or persons who should be gushing are the developers as they laugh all the way to the bank!

Just because something is over 20 storeys doesn't make it a gem!

For the record, nobody in this thread who has praised this tower in recent weeks has mentioned anything about its height. The focus is has clearly been on the cladding.

Design is always a much more important factor than height. Take for example the new sick kids building. It isnt tall at all but we (a large percentage of the forum) LOVE it. Although a lot of us on urbantoronto like tall buildings, i would think its safe to say that most if not all of us put design factors like cladding and architecture far above height on a scale of importance. And as for the comment about the developers laughing all the way to the bank....well i doubt it. This is front street right next to the dome, the property they are building on is pricey and desirable...if perhaps there were similarly priced condos out in much less desirable locations like scarborough or rexdale then i would agree with a similar comment being posted in that thread. 300 front is appropriately priced in relation to the current madhouse real estate market and its proximity to skydome, the cn tower and soon an aquarium. With all the expensive condos going up in former ghettos, former brownfields, etc., i dont understand the reasoning for posting what fred posted, unless of course he was to also post it on every condo project listed on UT

I think the semi-irregularity of the window wall design worked very well - however, the same cladding materials used in a more traditional pattern (east side facing the square, etc) really shows "weakness".

AoD

Back