Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

`
197f15.jpg

When you load the website, the text at the top of the browser (above the url bar) reads "Massey Towers" as opposed to massey tower.....typo or twins?

Would it be theoretically possible at this late stage (sarcastic Ford replies aside) for the City to immediately require 2-3 competing submissions for any 60+ building or building on Yonge? We have about 6-7 coming down the chute. There is a chance to something memorable, but it needs to happen very fast!

Yeah, no worries. Word is that this one will be a stunner. HP can be counted on for a pleasing design.

The promise of a "stunner" has gone unfulfilled too many times for me to get excited about the design. For now, I'm just happy that we'll be getting at least a decent tower, that the heritage building is being restored and that a gap in the skyline is being filled.

On another note, Massey Tower, along with One Bloor, FIVE Condos and 8 Gloucester Street is going to turn Yonge Street into Hariri Pontarini blvd, just as Bay north of Dundas has become aA avenue.

The promise of a "stunner" has gone unfulfilled too many times for me to get excited about the design. For now, I'm just happy that we'll be getting at least a decent tower, that the heritage building is being restored and that a gap in the skyline is being filled.

Completely agree! There have been very few 'stunners' and likely there will be very few in the future. Regardless of who the architects or developers are, I would rather err on the side of conservatism and caution in regards to expectations.

Back