Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Has anyone seen all the missing windows and the incomplete mess on the north side of the building near the entrance? That incomplete work makes this building look crap and something from a 3rd world country.

That's maybe over stepping it a bit. But it will be nice when the builders fix up those missing panes etc. there are numerous other projects who are missing panes or have something out of place etc. I imagine once those things are replaced and warmer weather allows installation a lot of things will hopefully get taken care of.
I really hope the lights come back soon. I really loved this building when they were on. A little tacky like blue Christmas lights and just as perfect.

Has anyone seen all the missing windows and the incomplete mess on the north side of the building near the entrance? That incomplete work makes this building look crap and something from a 3rd world country.

I guess it's incomplete because contractors are still working on it. Next time look up on google and try to get a grasp about what the "3rd world" definition really means.
This is what an incomplete building from a 3d world country looks like (it's also a vertical slum, though).

tumblr_n3p47xctqy1qzpyz2o1_1280.jpg

source

Attachments

• tumblr_n3p47xctqy1qzpyz2o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n3p47xctqy1qzpyz2o1_1280.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,118
Last edited:
I guess it's incomplete because contractors are still working on it. Next time look up on google and try to get a grasp about what the "3rd world" definition really means.
This is what an incomplete building from a 3d world country looks like (it's also a vertical slum, though).

It makes more sense when you realize 'third world' is UT shorthand for 'things I don't like'. It's dress up language used by those unable to articulate anything really.

Above ground hydro wires? THIRD WORLD! Missing window panels? THIRD WORLD? Asphalt sidewalk patch? THIRD WORLD! Potholes in the road? THIRD WORLD! Subway station tiles out of alignment? THIRD WORLD! Glass fin grid not aligned? THIRD WORLD!

It makes more sense when you realize 'third world' is UT shorthand for 'things I don't like'. It's dress up language used by those unable to articulate anything really.

Above ground hydro wires? THIRD WORLD! Missing window panels? THIRD WORLD? Asphalt sidewalk patch? THIRD WORLD! Potholes in the road? THIRD WORLD! Subway station tiles out of alignment? THIRD WORLD! Glass fin grid not aligned? THIRD WORLD!

Funny thing is many living in third world conditions would be lucky to have windows at all, or sidewalks to be patched, or paved roads that can develop potholes, or a subway system where their tiles can be misaligned, or glass fins to be misaligned.

Yup, and let's not forget those who use the "ghetto" word ;)

Oddly enough, I missed this fine post because I was in Southeast Asia, in some actual third world cities like Yangon, Burma. As it happened, I remember sitting in a restaurant in Yangon, looking out the window at a rats nest of electrical cables of obviously different loads and obviously indifferent insulation with the ends disappearing up a narrow alley. At least the electricity was working in the 40 degree heat at that moment, unlike significant stretches of that same day. But compared to some of the villages I had seen, life there was a magnet.

And I actually did recall, sitting in my relatively comfortable chair, the way "third world" is used on this board. I wished that some of those who use the term so cavalierly had been there to see the third world as it really is.

Last edited:
Anyone got an idea when those lights will be flicked on? What's it been now about a year since they've been on?

Back