News   Apr 24, 2024
 963     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 625     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Yonge & Wellesley. I think this is the old Just Desserts spot.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 3A6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 106238 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jan 20, 2015

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display three static illuminated wall signs. **TIM HORTONS**

A Lavazza coffee shop has opened in the Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning. The coffee is good, they have gluten-free muffins and it's neither Starbucks nor Tim Hortons.

Yonge & Wellesley. I think this is the old Just Desserts spot.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 3A6

Application#: 15 106238 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Jan 20, 2015

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display three static illuminated wall signs. **TIM HORTONS**

Oh, my, god, finally. Right down the street from me.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 2V9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 107242 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 22, 2015

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: PREPARE EXISTING OFFICE/RETAIL BASE BUILDING UNITS FOR THREE FUTURE RESTAURANTS. ONE RESTAURANT TO BE AT GROUND FLOOR OF 30 STOREY 1 ADELAIDE BUILDING, SECOND TO BE AT CONCOURSE,GROUND & 2ND FLOOR OF THE SAME BUILDING. THIRD RESTAURANT TO TAKE ENTIRE 85-89 YOUNGE STREET BUILDING AND CONCOURESE LEVEL (OVERLAPING INTO 1 ADELIDE ST. E BUILDING

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 2V9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 107242 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 22, 2015

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: PREPARE EXISTING OFFICE/RETAIL BASE BUILDING UNITS FOR THREE FUTURE RESTAURANTS. ONE RESTAURANT TO BE AT GROUND FLOOR OF 30 STOREY 1 ADELAIDE BUILDING, SECOND TO BE AT CONCOURSE,GROUND & 2ND FLOOR OF THE SAME BUILDING. THIRD RESTAURANT TO TAKE ENTIRE 85-89 YOUNGE STREET BUILDING AND CONCOURESE LEVEL (OVERLAPING INTO 1 ADELIDE ST. E BUILDING

Interesting, this would mean Staples would have to close. It would be unfortunate, there are almost no office supply stores left in the core.

Probably late to the party on this one but Vita Sociale on Yonge north of Eglinton is done-zo. Also, there is a "Now Hiring" sign in the window of a storefront on the east side of Yonge south of St. Clair - the sign has the Carl's Jr. Logo on it.

Interesting, this would mean Staples would have to close. It would be unfortunate, there are almost no office supply stores left in the core.

The Staples was a big two-story McDonalds back when 1 Adelaide East (then One Financial Place) first opened. There was also a bad Chinese resaurant beside where Starbucks is now, running along Adelaide to where Oxford has its building office now.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 2B1

Application#: 15 107937 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 23, 2015

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations in Unit 1A and 1B for a 39 seat restaurant, "Paramount"

The Spotted Dick on Bloor near Church has closed. I think it was there for about 20 years. I did some quick searching online about the closure but all I could find were dozens or terrible reviews and mentions of temporary closures due to health code violations.

The Spotted Dick on Bloor near Church has closed. I think it was there for about 20 years. I did some quick searching online about the closure but all I could find were dozens or terrible reviews and mentions of temporary closures due to health code violations.

I wonder if that whole building will end up being redeveloped. Peridot closed a couple of years ago and was never leased out.

Back