News   Apr 23, 2024
 75     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 836     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 286     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Kupfert & Kim is opening a new location in the Path level of the (present) Sunlife building.

Wow, is that a third location? Before their second location in Brookfield Place is even open?

Edit: to answer my own question, yes. Though the Sunlife location looks to be more of a kiosk, going by the sign that's up. And the Brookfield location doesn't seem to have had very much work done on it at all. I like K&K; hopefully they get their act together.

Last edited:
Two restaurants on the main floor of the Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning: a Bagel Stop (already open) and a Fast Fresh, which should open soon and further dry up Bay Street's culinary desert.[h=3][/h]

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4T 1Y9

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 14 227292 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Sep 24, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign. **Carl's Jr. Charboiled Burgers**

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4T 1Y9

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 14 227292 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Sep 24, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign. **Carl's Jr. Charboiled Burgers**
I am looking forward to trying them out!

Aroma Espresso Bar at Princess and King is finally open:

IMG_20140926_140544.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140926_140544.jpg
    IMG_20140926_140544.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 689
Aroma Espresso Bar at Princess and King is finally open:

They did a nice job: the inside is very slick. Although they have a lot of coffee, it seems more "restauranty" than nearby coffee shops, with lots of house-made sandwiches and salads. They'll do very well at weekday lunches. Service was (understandably) slow on their first day when I went, but they were apologetic and gave out vouchers for free future coffees to those of us who were waiting a bit long for our food.

I am not up on the chain's current activities, but the founder of Carl's Jr. (who I believe died 5 or so years ago) used to actively fund anti-gay and anti-choice groups. Lots of LGBT in the U.S. still refer to Carl's Jr. as "bigot burgers".

I am not up on the chain's current activities, but the founder of Carl's Jr. (who I believe died 5 or so years ago) used to actively fund anti-gay and anti-choice groups. Lots of LGBT in the U.S. still refer to Carl's Jr. as "bigot burgers".

Exactly. Thinking of those right-wing lunatics ruins my appetite.

Back