263     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 435     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 472     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a heartfelt and concerned letter to the Mayor. Could become a letter writing campaign.

View attachment 24564

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DdcUywZlyJQDJaXyLkkcfs5g7kkcjBLpv-SXsVX-RlQ/edit?pli=1

I'm months past feeling like that for him. I expressed my concerns for him here on several occasions (weight, hypertension, drug & alcohol use) but surrounding himself by enablers and clearly having some form of mental illness no one can help him but himself and that's not going to happen until he finally crashes.

I'm months past feeling like that for him. I expressed my concerns for him here on several occasions (weight, hypertension, drug & alcohol use) but surrounding himself by enablers and clearly having some form of mental illness no one can help him but himself and that's not going to happen until he finally crashes.

I agree. But the accusations about lacking compassion being lobbed around this thread prompted me to post.

So in this weekend's photo ops, Olivia Chow is at a fundraiser for a camp for kids with cancer, Soknacki is delivering food to a charity, and Ford is wasted at a Leafs' game, steals a cab, goes to city hall and does or doesn't smoke crack, gets poured into a cab and goes clubbing. Yeesh!

’14 Bonnie and Clyde...In Rob we have the glamour of the outlaw, in which we secretly gain our forbidden wish fulfillment.

Just kept the first and last for spacing, but the whole thing was pretty insightful.

I agree. But the accusations about lacking compassion being lobbed around this thread prompted me to post.

Compassion is generally for people who, through no fault of their own, are suffering. Rob Ford's situation is unfortunate, but entirely of his own making. That said, I do feel badly that his upbringing has brought him to this point of self-destruction. His home life, in his formative years, must have been truly awful.

Rob Ford, still setting the bar as low as it will go

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...the-bar-as-low-as-it-will-go/article17834090/

"Mr. Ford’s message to the voting public is this: I may have smoked crack while in office and I may have lied to your faces about it; and shady characters in the drug underworld may have recorded me on a cellphone video while smoking said crack; and I may have a very close friend who has been charged with extortion related to attempts to recover that video from gang members after its existence became public knowledge; and I may have been recorded on other occasions ranting, incoherent, inebriated death threats and calling the Chief of Police unmentionable names; and I may have referred to my wife in a startlingly vulgar manner; and I may have purchased illegal drugs while in office; and I may have driven drunk; and I may have alienated the entire City Council and been politically neutered; and I may have made Toronto, in particular, and Canada, in general, a laughingstock; but I have done nothing wrong."

Rob Ford, still setting the bar as low as it will go

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...the-bar-as-low-as-it-will-go/article17834090/

"Mr. Ford’s message to the voting public is this: I may have smoked crack while in office and I may have lied to your faces about it; and shady characters in the drug underworld may have recorded me on a cellphone video while smoking said crack; and I may have a very close friend who has been charged with extortion related to attempts to recover that video from gang members after its existence became public knowledge; and I may have been recorded on other occasions ranting, incoherent, inebriated death threats and calling the Chief of Police unmentionable names; and I may have referred to my wife in a startlingly vulgar manner; and I may have purchased illegal drugs while in office; and I may have driven drunk; and I may have alienated the entire City Council and been politically neutered; and I may have made Toronto, in particular, and Canada, in general, a laughingstock; but I have done nothing wrong."

...and I look forward to Ford More Years. Yikes!

Ha! All right, thread.

This reminds me of an elderly Robert Graves explaining the dangers of hallucinogenic drugs by way of the torments of Tantalus. You see,

Rob's been to a place of bliss he can never revisit. To get all Norm Kelly on you.

Sums up the Ford Mayoralty: "chasing the dragon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back